Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Ghost Story (David Lowery, July 27, 2017 A24) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dog with a Blog, Mar 27, 2017.

1. fronkensteen

Trusted

I'm not sure yet. I need to make time for it, but have been pretty busy.

2. Dog with a Blog

Probably best to just experience this scene while watching the movie but here ya go.

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Just sat down to see this. Starting in 5. Looking forward to it.

4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This movie went in a totally different direction than I was expected and I really enjoyed it. The first half hour was slow af but the ending made it all worth it.

5. Dog with a Blog

How was it?

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I liked it. I thought the way it was filmed was pretty interesting, made the whole thing feel pretty intimate considering how grand in scope it gets at times. Definitely one of the more unique films I've seen recently, that's for sure.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Saw it last week, still can't stop thinking about it.

Yasqueen4 likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Rooney Mara was definitely perfect for this because her face is so expressive
    I loved Will Oldham's speech because the idea of a legacy is something I obsess over a lot and maybe his viewpoint helps
    I love that Kesha is in this
    I hate how I can't stop thinking about how logistically it makes no sense that attempted ghost suicide would lead to time travel,even though ghosts aren't possible somehow I bought that

9. Dog with a Blog

Kesha was in this?

10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

11. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Bonnie Prince Billy is in this too? Wild. Wish it was playing in my city, hope it gets to VOD soon.

Edit: Sept 22nd at my local single screen, I'm impressed. They usually cater to reshowing oscar bait or don't play a good film until it's been out online for a few months (example: Graduation is playing next month lol)

12. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

This movie messed me up. I sobbed the entire ride home and cannot express exactly why I did. Very moving film.

Yasqueen4 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  13. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Stunned by this. Loved it (almost) completely. One of the best of the year. Would write more but I'm on my phone and I'd like to just think about it awhile.

14. Dog with a Blog

This movie wasn't like "make me cry" sad, but everyone who I saw it with left the theatre in a daze. Like we'd been flattened.

Yasqueen4 and Larry David like this.
  15. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The pie scene was so heartbreaking, Rooney Mara's performance during it was exquisite. If there's one thing that didn't land for me in the movie it was the settler family being killed by Native Americans. Still sorting out how I feel about that one, though I did love the sequence where Casey Affleck watched the body decompose.

16. Dog with a Blog

God. The pie eating scene was so hard to watch. I saw this with my sister and our father passed away not too long ago and she almost had to leave during that scene. Too real.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm just glad she finally ate the crust, her just eating the filling was making me so anxious

18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My father passed away last year and some movies have understandably been difficult to watch, including Manchester By The Sea.

I feel like this movie would wreck me, but could be cathartic at the same time.

19. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I felt that way as well regarding my sister who passed away a few years ago. Scene hits close to home.

20. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Pie eating scene DESTROYED me. The movie was lovely but the first 2/3 of this was especially great.

Yasqueen4 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  21. Beautiful movie. Music adds a lot, but it almost works as a silent film. I feel like it's the kind of movie I'd play on mute and have on a loop on one of my screens, and every random time I'd glance at the screen I'd think, "Damn that's a beautiful shot, and the way it lingers..."

22. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This is one of those movies that's gotten so much hype that I'll just buy it on blu-ray instead of renting it. Should've done the same with Get Out

23. Dog with a Blog

Yeah, I’m very excited to add this to my Blu-ray collection

Barresi and truelovewaits like this.
  24. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

25. Dog with a Blog

truelovewaits likes this.