Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Feminist Punk Band’s Quest to Create Safer Spaces at Warped Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Shawna Potter, writing for Noisey:

I bet a lot of people imagine the Warped Tour as a sea of white men (dude-bros to be more specific), endlessly combing their hair in front of their eyes or pounding beers or texting underage girls and sometimes playing music. That’s harsh, I know, and thank goodness it’s not really like that. Not totally. But for every kernel of truth in that stereotype, our band is happy to offer a true alternative, to talk and sing about reproductive justice, trans rights, and rape culture.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

War On Women is the best, they make baltimore proud. shawna's so great

3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Love, love, love that band.

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The good thing about WOM getting popular is that a band that doesn't sound like trash may be influenced to sing about the same topics.

5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I first saw them open for Refused in 2015, and I was blown away. Really special band.

6. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Cool idea. but it would be cooler if they did a live castration of the dude from FPS and Austin Jones onstage.

7. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Whoa congrats, they wrote you a song a couple of years ago.