Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Decade Under The Influence • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 12, 2016.

1. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I was (and am) so into Louder Now and I like seeing Cobra Starship on here too.

Speaking of anniversaries, Decemberunderground just turned 10, too. Killer album and it turned 10 in June without so much as a commemorative Facebook post from AFI.

2. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

Here here. Doubt they'd go back to that sound, or even do a Coming Home 10 year tour/show. But yeah, I still enjoy that album.

3. ratsforcandy Aug 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2016)
    ratsforcandy

Egg yolk citizen bird fuck specimen

The Blood Brothers -Young Machetes
    Fear Before the March of Flames -The Always Open Mouth
    Saves The Day -Sound the Alarm
    Portugal. the Man -Church Mouth
    Dance Gavin Dance -Whatever I say is Royal Ocean
    Cursive -Happy Hollow
    These Arms Are Snakes -Tail Swallower & Dove

angrycandy and Carmensaopaulo like this.
  4. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

It hurts my heart that all these fantastic/formative albums aren't getting the fanfare they deserve. I'd imagine things between TBS and Fred must be pretty ugly to not at least play a show or two to celebrate their most commercially successful album. I love that they got John/Shaun back but the Fred albums are pretty much their prime in terms of album cohesion.

This was a huge year for me, looking forward to revisiting these albums.

5. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Moneen's The Red Tree is probably my favorite album from that year.

My favorite music related memory from 2006 was when Victory Records put out a newsletter thing urging people to go to stores and hide the new Ne-yo album behind whatever it was Hawthorne Heights was putting out so they could get the number 1 spot.

Tony Brummel was so Donald Trumping before it was trendy.

atticusfinch likes this.
  6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

The Classic Crime - Albatross was also a great album.

7. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I agree with this. I'd take 1 more album with Fred over another 5 or so albums with John and Shaun tbh, I'm not a fan of the direction they took their sound in on Happiness Is

trevorshmevor likes this.
  8. oldboot

Regular

Still Searching is probably a top 25 album of all time for me. Absolutely loved it then and it still holds up well today.

9. 182 Jack Mannequins

IMO, "It's Not Your Fault" is New Found Glory's most underrated song ever. Listened to it hundreds of times in 2006 and hundreds of times since. While the album it came off of was substandard compared to the prior one, this song will forever be my favorite NFG song.

Barcara likes this.
  10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I forgot about The Pink Spiders. They were supposed to be the next big thing.

11. tenspeed

seriously. Voices slays.

12. aniafc

Trusted

It's their best album, and not even close in my opinion.

Barcara likes this.
  13. notbrokejustbent

The Fight was my jam!

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  14. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Date Line (I Am Gone) is my favorite Yellowcard song, and I don't think they've ever played it live.

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  15. DesolateEarth

Birb

Surprised no one has mentioned Saosin's Self Titled. Still one of my favorite albums. Would have loved a 10 year tour, but with Anthony at the helm instead of Cove, I knew that wasn't likely to happen.

16. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Great playlist @becky kovach cant believe all these albums are 10 years old

17. becky kovach

Dammit. Can't believe I missed the Saosin self-titled!

18. becky kovach

Thanks dude! I can't believe it either - feeling REAL old these days.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  19. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

Anybody still remember This Day and Age? They also released The Bell and The Hammer in 2006. Probably the quintessential album that has defined my musical preferences. Terribly heartbroken to lose my original CD in a flood years ago.

Dusk and Summer, Coming Home, The Bell and The Hammer...my school commute was great in 2006.

20. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

This playlist is dope. I'd add a song by .Moneen. and the Format, but omg this takes me back.

21. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

My favourite album that year, and what a year it was: Sufferer and the Witness by Rise Against

22. albatrossskyer

w00tSTAR Worldwide

23. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

great list, and thread. Makes me want to revisit this year in music for sure.