Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day To Remember Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Zoshchenko, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Schooner

Trusted

Oh right! Didn't know that. Although not an immediate fave for me. Considering the songs Tom co wrote on CC were all the funnest and my fave tunes on that

We got this is joining Justified as my fave on BV

2. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Gone off them since the glory days of like two years ago, but Exposed is massive, and overall their best album by a mile imo

3. Schooner

Trusted

This post is confusing me?

4. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Really enjoying the bonus tracks, especially Negative Space.

Really wondering who the female vocalist is on In Florida

5. jackson28928

Was thinking the same thing. Or is that just a really high pitched alteration of Jeremy's voice for backup purposes?

6. jackson28928

Excited to get my physical copy today. Album is still a killer. Reassemble got me through a super tough workout this morning haha.

7. marceting

Trusted

Album is out on Spotify on the east coast

8. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

And on Apple Music in the Midwest

9. marceting

Trusted

This was mixed so poorly. Also, this nowhere close to their best stuff.

Standouts for me: Paranoia, Bad Vibrations, Turn Off the Radio, We Got This

10. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Damn, I hope I'm not an idiot and it's not just Jeremy singing higher

11. Ivan

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

12. chuwaay

Reassemble. My God.

Jusscali and Davjs like this.
  13. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Was into ADTR two or three years ago when I was younger, not so much anymore. Still appreciate this though.

Schooner likes this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

Jusscali likes this.
  15. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Few good songs but pretty bummed about this as a whole.

joe.boy.fresh. and BigMouth like this.
  16. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

For me personally, I don't think anything these guys release will live up to Homesick or FTWHH. Those records, even at their lowest points, had the right type of aggresion and pacing throughout that I was looking for from them. This record isn't bad, I just don't care as much for their more poppy, "radio friendly" sounding tunes. Also may just be nostalgia points for those records too seeing as I was listening to them nonstop during my angsty teen years.

marceting likes this.
  17. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

This band has always been best in small doses for me, they always have a few jams each album but the rest is just bad or filler. I need to properly check out FTWHH and ATNWT, but Homesick and WSMFY were decent and CC was good. I've just made a playlist of the songs that I believe are good/great so I don't have to keep seeking them out. This album is more of the same really, and I wasn't expecting anything more or less.

Awksome likes this.
  18. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I'd have a hard time telling the dude who mixed Nevermind he did a shitty job.

19. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

When you look at Andy Wallace's credits it's fucking ridiculous.

Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine, Slayer, Sonic Youth, Bad Religion, Phish, Foo Fighters, Sevendust, Linkin Park, At The Drive In, System of a Down, Blink-182, Sum 41, Rise Against, Coheed and Cambria, Dashboard Confessional, From First To Last, Relient K, Biffy Clyro, Cold Play, Guns N'Roses, Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Kelly Clarkson, Portugal the Man, Paul McCartney. The list goes on and on and on.

The dude knows how to mix a wide range of genres and is a fucking legend in the industry.

20. Davjs

Trusted

I would like to see that line up for a festival. Every band there can rotate singing for Nirvana.

Schooner likes this.
  21. marceting

Trusted

I wouldn't tell him that to his face, I'm way to passive aggressive for that.

mattav152 likes this.
  22. dotKev

@dotkevin

As someone who really didn't like the singles early on, this album is phenomenal. It feels like a perfect blend of Homesick and Common Courtesy. And the singles have now grown on me after playing the album through a few times.

josephcissell likes this.
  23. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

After listening to the album once, I love We Got This. I enjoyed the rest too though.

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

God damn the pre chorus of Bad Vibrations rips so hard. Love the guitar part during it,

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  25. jrock920

Regular

in florida is awesome