Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day To Remember Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Zoshchenko, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

"We Got This" is really nice

Zoshchenko likes this.
  2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I really liked We Got This, Justified, Naivety and Exposed. Turn Off the Radio, Bad Vibrations and Paranoia are good. The rest I probably won't listen to again. I still haven't heard the 2 bonus tracks though.

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don't like it as much as Common Courtesy, I would place it in 2nd and tied w/ Homesick. Better than WSMFY, FTWHH and OR.

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

No, the heaviest song is most definitely Exposed. It's probably one of their heaviest to date.

5. himynameisdakota

Regular

Sweet I'm very stoked for Friday. I've loved the singles so far and ADTR never disappoints in my opinion.

6. himynameisdakota

Regular

I really hope they gear up for a full year of touring in 2017 so we can get a tour in support of Bad Vibrations and then I'm praying they'll do a 10 year FTWHH tour in the summer/fall

7. himynameisdakota

Regular

Exposed...
    H o l y f u c k

8. Entoine Aug 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2016)
    Entoine

this is such a step down from the last one imo, so generic and bland

9. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

I rarely mosh, but Exposed is one of those songs that just makes me want to jump in the pit. I thought the album was good. Not in love as much as the last three.

10. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I can't see myself ever supporting this band, hell I didn't even know they had a new record coming out, but I'm glad they've overcome the bullshit with the record company and are able to release music.

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

After the first listen, Common Courtesy was stronger, IMO.

12. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I contend pretty strongly that I was the biggest ADTR fanboy in the world from ages 14-16. They were the first band that I really fell for and I went hard for them intensely during middle school and high school. Even though I fell out of the scene (post-hardcore, pop punk, everything) in college and mostly listen to straight pop music now, ADTR has still been a band that I come back to pretty often. I have so many good experiences associated with the band, so many shows, so much everything.

With all that said, this is a fantastic album. I'm not sure where to place it within their discography, I need more time with it. But I really, really enjoyed it. Naivety still might be my favorite song on the album (maybe favorite they've ever written??). Who knows.

I've become pretty bored by breakdowns, but Exposed is wild. I need to see this live. I haven't been to a show in 5+ years, but I need to see ADTR again.

13. jackson28928

I felt like some of the songs on Common Courtesy were forced. Like they were trying to make a pop punk song or trying to make a heavy song. In Bad Vibrations, everything seems super effortless and more together. I'll need to buy it and listen to a better quality version, but this could be their best work to date.

14. jackson28928

Took me a couple of listens, but I strongly differ. Common Courtesy, in my opinion, was overrated and people jumped on it because of all the lawsuit stuff. This album is really solid. Whereas CC was all over the place, this album isnt and is more solid as a whole and super catchy.

A shame that they are going up against Frank Ocean and Britney Spears on the top 200.

15. himynameisdakota

Regular

This is exactly how I feel. I love CC but it's definitely all over the place. The fluidity of this album is great.

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I like how CC is all over the place. That's what makes me keep coming back to it.

17. Schooner

Trusted

just heard Bad Vibrations. Not bad, but think they're stuck in a rut, doesn't amp me like 2009-11 songs did. I do like Justified though

18. jackson28928

Initially, I did too, but I found myself constantly skipping over songs because they just didn't do much for me. Whenever I'm in the mood to listen to Homesick or For Those Who Have Heart, I listen to the WHOLE album. I feel like this will be the same deal, which in my opinion, just makes the experience so much memorable.

19. Davjs

Trusted

After the first listen this is a really solid album. May be more consistent and not as all over the place as you guys are saying about past work, but I still think it's weaker.

It's hard to say how I'll really feel until after multiple listens but after the first run through I'd have to rank it lower compared to other albums just because I never got the feeling I got after the first time I heard City of Ocala, Right Back at It Again, The End of Me, I'm Made of Wax, 2nd Sucks, Mr Highway, All I Want, ect. Those songs were classics the first time they graced my ears.

Schooner likes this.
  20. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

About to put it on for the first time. Wanted to wait for the vinyl on Friday but I simply have no self control.

Davjs likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

I was in the same boat but after reading all the posts about Exposed and how heavy it was broke me.

22. redwing91007

That's exactly what did it for me and I just finished listening to it. It's weird being half way through the album and only hearing one of the songs for the first time haha.

23. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, all the released songs are on the front end. The album has a good track order though IMO. Might have pushed Exposed a few back so it's not so close to the other all heavy track, but still no complaints.

redwing91007 likes this.
  24. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Is there is album stream available or just a leak?

25. redwing91007

Leak, album releases Friday so we may see a stream Thursday.