Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day To Remember - You're Welcome (March 5, 2021) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

The way Jeremy took complaints about Josh personally, as if HE was offended that someone would imply he shouldn't associate with Josh, is so fucking childish.

2. BenSmith94

Trusted

I know they've been close friends for a long time, but the complete lack of awareness in his response is so bloody disappointing.

3. SFguitar

Regular

I'm kind of surprised they haven't addressed the allegations. They haven't in the past but times are different now and I would assume they would be worried about fan backlash. I don't really follow Pierce the Veil but I heard they're getting a lot of shit for not kicking out their drummer.

4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

PTV's drummer also has a brother in the band. Most likely a big reason why they haven't severed ties

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  5. soggytime

Trusted

I think they might be playing the "let's not say anything and hope no one notices" waiting game

6. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Definitely, which is cowardly as fuck.

soggytime likes this.
  7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yeah, that is not a great response, and I really wish they'd just kick him out of the band so we wouldn't have to deal with this shit.

9. ItsAndrew Aug 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 1, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Even if they kick him out, they were complicit with his behavior for over a decade and that leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.

10. Colby Searcy

He's too important to the band I'm sure to kick him out

11. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Is he? He's a fucking bassist, and a known douchebag, in a band with no member who's a "big" talent or personality. Any of the members could leave without the band taking a hit. The fact they're still covering for him is rage-inducing, especially thinking about how important their music meant to young kids who were being introduced to this genre, like me when I was younger. And the fact they won't do anything to give those kids, who grew their fanbase, justice or peace is insulting.

(Assuming she did it, he says he has a legal case, so if she retracts her statements, I'll take it at face value, but I haven't a clue why she'd lie)

soggytime, Colby Searcy and ItsAndrew like this.
  12. Colby Searcy

I agree with you i just imagine they see it that way since he was an original member and they all seem like really good friends. Why else would they be sticking by him? Makes no sense

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They should honestly kick Josh out. These allegations are a decade old so it’s way past time.

soggytime likes this.
  14. BenSmith94

Trusted

I have a lot of fond memories of ADTR, they were very much a gateway band for me, but man, these allegations against Josh are a) really disgusting, b) have been around for a long time (I vaguely remember hearing something about this 5 years ago, and I seem to recall there was another accusation of similarly slimy behaviour going even further back and c) have been handled really poorly by the band. As someone who has previously had a lot of time for Jeremy, having seen how good he is with fans, it's really shitty to see the complete inaction on his part, as well as the rest of the band.

15. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Not gonna lie, I'm having withdrawals, I haven't listened to this band in 4 months and I miss it way more than I should.

Ugh, why do band dudes suck so much?

16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Any update from the band in the last few months?

17. soggytime

Trusted

I legit feel like they are keeping quiet for now to let the whole allegation situation blow over and then release the album when people have forgotten rather than kick out Josh and do the right thing. Real shitty complicit dudes. It sucks

18. 333 GANG

ACAB

This band doesn’t give a shit what Josh did, and neither does he.

soggytime likes this.
  19. SFguitar

Regular

Jeremy has been somewhat active on reddit claiming that they've been struggling with the artwork and there haven't been updates due to the fact that there is just nothing new to update. It's been a year though and it's ridiculous

20. They're really still using this excuse I-

ItsAndrew and soggytime like this.
  21. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Struggling with the artwork LMAO. Because the rest of their artwork has been the act of Picasso...

Micah511 likes this.
  22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

They're waiting for the most recent resurgence of the absolutely disgusting and unconscionable allegations against Josh to blow over. It's really as simple as that. Once they feel like they can safely release the record they will do so. They're cowards in addition to abusers/abuse apologists.

23. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

haha, this was definitely my first thought. All their artwork sucks.

DrawYourMind likes this.
  24. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Yeah, what Antony said in the last post is probably what the actual hiccup is at this point. I don't know any of the ADTR guys but have some mutual acquaintances and know that as of ~April of this year, the record was "done". Jeremy just kept going into the studio with Andrew Wade to keep tweaking things since they were still figuring out what to do with the release because of COVID. So, I'm not sure why they keep saying the artwork is the hold-up. Now they'll just get torn apart when their newest coloring book style artwork finally drops because it wasn't worth the wait.

25. SFguitar

Regular

[​IMG]