Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day To Remember / Parkway Drive / State Champs Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

IRE is fantastic, get outta here

2. Turntstile

I'm going to be at the Lupos show as well and I'm happy with this setlist, my one complaint is that they're playing Better Off This Way which in my opinion is a completely average song

3. Pats12Sox34

Regular

I respect that you like ire But I got into parkway drive during killing with a smile and horizons. Deep blue was solid. Atlas was ok. Ire is just dad rock esque

4. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

How in they holy **** is Ire dad rock-esque?

5. Morgan

Morgan

Last time they came to my area they closed out with two acoustic songs, never even knew that

6. alexjlow

Regular

IMO Ire is absolutely fantastic, a totally natural progression after Atlas. The new songs sounded amazing live at Brixton earlier this year too.

7. Pats12Sox34

Regular

Yawn. Guess I found the group that likes ire. Meh album isn't even 1/10 of what killing with a smile or horizons is. I guess I'm just not into the new rock parkway drive. Would rather we get romance is dead or boneyards.

8. alexjlow

Regular

I really do love KWAS and Horizons but to me they were more 'generic' metalcore records whereas everything after brought something new to the table and mixed it up to a degree. We can all agree that Parkway are the best no matter what albums are our favourites though :D

9. Pats12Sox34

Regular

Meh.

For anyone That's lazy I set up a quick spotify playlist for what I assume will be the set list at lupos. It should be public title is "adtr setlist 5/10" did it off of memory because I'm at work and it's not 100% in order. Enjoy.

10. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

I'm going to the Grand Rapids date mainly but being honest here, I've never seen a band that is lighter than Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! so I don't know what to expect from State Champs because I've never really seen a pop punk band live as I tend to like heavier music. Is there still moshing as I assume there will be for ADTR or is it just a bunch of jumping around? I honestly don't know what to expect from them.

11. Morgan

Morgan

push pits everywhere.

12. Pats12Sox34

Regular

Act like this whole show isn't going to be push pits though.

13. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Better than hardcore dancing.

14. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

State Champs will be a jumpfest and some twostepping. Parkway will be pushing, circle pits, and throwdowns. ADTR will be all of the things mentioned above.

15. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

Well pushpits are better than nothing. Really bummed Parkway won't be at my date, I'd kill to see them live.

16. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

State Champs set

Breaking Ground
    Remedy
    Secrets
    Simple Existence
    All You Are Is History
    Losing Myself
    Elevated

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Short but solid!

18. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

State Champs' set at the TWY/MCS tour last fall had wilder pits than some of the Metal and Hardcore shows I've been to in the last couple years. People go nuts for that band.

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm late to the conversation, but I'll say IRE is a good record, but it Killing With a Smile is and always has been hands down their best work.

20. Skoke

Regular

Really disappointed with ADTR's setlist. I like how they pulled out some rarities (Sticks & Bricks, Why Walk, Speak of the Devil) on the Parks & Devastation tour. I hope they don't become a band that plays the same singles regardless of if they're headlining the show or not

21. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I am disappointed in all 3 bands. ADTR is playing mostly their hits and no real "deep cuts"

Parkway Drive is playing mediocre Ire songs and acting like Deep Blue doesn't exist other than HFTH. Like how can you not play a song like Karma or Deliver Me with this lineup? Also 8 songs kind of blows.

State Champs isn't playing Easy Enough or Hard To Please and is choosing weak songs from their newest album in Losing Myself and Breaking Ground.

22. Pats12Sox34

Regular

23. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Adding It's Complicated and FFT2012 helps a little I guess. I'll find out tomorrow if they added it.

24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Anyone going to the one off show for Parkway Drive in New Jersey tomorrow?

25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Who opened for them on this date?