Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day to Remember Goes Gold

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

Damn. That's actually huge. Congrats to them! Maybe I'll go reminisce in celebration...

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Congratulations!!

4. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Good for them, they deserve it. I've seen them live a lot and they're always a blast. I haven't liked their past 2 albums as much as their earlier stuff, but I feel like ADTR will always be ADTR regardless so they're kind of one of those bands I think I will always love.

5. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

That's awesome! Loved Homesick and thing WSMFY is pretty solid. How long until Victory does a gold variant vinyl to cash in on this?

6. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Doesn't Victory Records not believe in gold records? I seem to remember Tony Brummel having a meltdown when he found out that Taking Back Sunday's management had filed the paperwork for them to get a gold certification. Something to do with his hatred of the RIAA and staying on his "Independent Label" pedestal.

7. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

9. josh1279

Congrats ADTR! I'm guessing that you haven't seen a dime of your share of the profits from old TB!

10. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Makes me curious how close Common Courtesy is to gold, I think it would be awesome if that went gold just as a middle finger to Victory.

s12sim likes this.
  11. CheapPop

Regular

Congrats to these guys. One of the hardest working bands in the business. Saw them in front of a couple hundred people in 2007. And just a year and a half ago at Self Help Philly, they had around 9,000 people going nuts. Crazy to see how far they have come.