Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day to Remember Debut at Number Two on Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Travis Scott has the number one album on the Billboard charts this week. A Day to Remember come in at number two, which is the highest position of their career, and actually sold the most albums during the week.

Rock band A Day to Remember bows at a career-high peak of No. 2 on the Billboard 200 with Bad Vibrations, as the set starts with 67,000 units (62,000 in pure album sales). It’s also the best-selling album of the week, and debuts at No. 1 on the Top Album Sales chart.

Amber likes this.
  2. Dang! So close. Beat out by streams, just like All Time Low. Our scene keeps getting cock-blocked. Still, congrats to ADTR!!!

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Huge congrats to the band!! Enjoyed this album.

4. Amber

ambsgotback

So insane! Congrats to ADTR on this! They are also #1 in total sales, does that mean physical copies? I'm not sure how it works.

5. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

Really, really enjoying this album. More than WSMFY and CC for sure! Congrats to the band.

Amber likes this.
  6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Doing the full run as opener for Blink 182 was a pretty good decision

marceting and Amber like this.
  7. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Went to get physical copies twice and they were sold out both times. Shitty.

8. ARo24

Regular

Super awesome. Congrats to them they are killing it right now.

9. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I don't even like ADTR and I'm upset on their behalf. I really don't like the streams = album sales rule.

ConArdist and Schooner like this.
  10. CheapPop

Regular

Yeah, I'm pretty sure total sales means just pure album sales, and it doesn't include streams.

Amber likes this.
  11. It means actual sales, physical or digital, as opposed to "streaming equivalent" units. Travis Scott beat ADTR because, even though ADTR sold 9,000 units, Scott had 50 million streams

Amber likes this.
  12. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

It debuted at #1 in Australia

Essie, Chase Tremaine and Schooner like this.
  13. Amber

ambsgotback

That's the same thing that happened to All Time Low, right? It was that movie soundtrack that got all those streaming plays? Hm, well nonetheless it's really great that ADTR got #2. That's pretty sick.

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Birds In the Trap is so dope

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  15. this is awesome - their best album by far

16. Schooner

Trusted

image.jpeg
    It sure has appeared to. Beating the great Babs Streisand and Roy&HG

17. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Too bad we couldn't hide Travis's streams with ADTR's.

18. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

19. Yeah, exact same situation

20. sukottokairu

Regular

awesome to hear, i will have to check out this album, didn't realize they were getting so big!

21. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I always underestimate how big bands in this scene are -- I was very surprised to see this do as well as it did

22. aniafc

Trusted

You shouldn't be. Common Courtesy would have done just as well if they would have been able to physically release it at first.

23. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Still gotta brag my dude Chris Beeble was the sound engineer on this.

24. Xardra

NBMA

I'm happy for them I love this band and I love this album.

Amber likes this.
  25. noKings

Regular

Didn't realize they were so big at the Blink concert...