Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day to Remember Announce New Album; Stream New Song • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

I dunno what website this is, but I hadnt heard anything about BN until 2 years ago or so... I wonder what the difference was 2 years ago as opposed to 8 years ago... Crazy

2. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

A lot of times I try to sound more eloquent & make posts longer than they need to be, & I appreciate how little you said to knock this out of the park

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I think it’s partially because we have even more internet access now and even more social media for information to flow through. Also, as a society, I think we’ve made progress in giving people a platform to come forward with their stories of abuse.

4. -deleted-

-

It wasn’t just him “being creepy”. There were detailed accounts of some real gross shit going down on their tour bus pertaining to Josh. IAU exposed a lot of creeps, but back then the music scene was not taking accountability seriously for artists and their platform. It’s simple as that. It was brushed off like most cases, or called fake. Then the photos leaked and no one said anything. Not too long later the views on ADTR became “better” because they were the band to finally beat Tony Victory and stick it to him. Shitty being shitty to shittier was I guess a “victory” for all of us until we remembered this band isn’t very good and has an abuser playing bass.

5. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Song is genuinely terrible. I don't know how anyone on their team allowed this to be released.

MacbethSin and cosmickid like this.
  6. think Fueled by Ramen has played a big part in their (imo) decline

7. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

This criticism doesn't make loads of sense to me. These guys are already one of the bigger bands out there doing this kind of music. What business does the label have meddling in something that was working for them?

I feel like they've been in the studio too long, overcooked it, just went for it and totally missed...

8. the complaints that I’ve seen about FBR is that they tend to push bands towards a poppier — radio driven sound. it could totally be an artists’ choice but based on the past I tend to think FBR has some say in their roster’s sound

I’m all for a change in sound but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t

9. WasteSomeTime

Regular

That last album Against The Current released sure went poppy and missed the mark..ADTR released their last album though Bad Vibrations on their own label and it wasn't that good so I don't know if its Fueled By Ramen really

10. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Yeah I can see that tbh, although I would say that generally a lot of fans underestimate how natural it can be for an artist to want to explore a more commercial sound. You may not wanna be an angsty rock kid forever.

In any case, if FBR wanted ADTR to write pop and get bigger...why would they back THIS?

11. Analog Drummer

Regular

Bring Me The Horizon and Parkway Drive too

SuNDaYSTaR and Zorlak like this.
  12. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Rise Against sold out a 5500+ seat arena in Minneapolis. Granted, that was with AFI and Anti-Flag, but it sure as shit felt big in there.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  13. merkky

"Since then the track has amassed over 18 million global streams while its accompanying animated music video has generated over two million views. “Mindreader” followed early standalone singles “Degenerates” and “Resentment” which have collectively amassed over 100 million global streams."

This entire press release reads like a corporate dick trying to convince the reader it's not as bad as it sound. Views/listens don't equal good content.

Enjoyed Mindreader a bit, it was punchy. Resentment was okay in a shitty way. Degenerates did nothing for me.
    Brick Wall sound really weird. Some good ideas very badly put together, that resemblance to Hell Song is just to much.

I would love to be proven wrong by this album, but so far this release has been a mess.

14. SFguitar

Regular

Are people talking about The Hell Song by Sum 41? I'm not hearing any similarities

15. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I can understand that a few bars during the pre-chorus sort of sound like it.

16. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I don’t get the Hell Song stuff at all unless it’s a Hell Song from dimension X that none of us have ever heard. Chord progressions, tempo, vocals, not even close.

Analog Drummer likes this.