Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day to Remember Announce New Album; Stream New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

A Day to Remember will release their new album, You’re Welcome, on March 5th. Today they’ve released the new song “Brick Wall” and pre-orders are now up.

Ocala, FL rock band A Day To Remember have returned with news of their widely-anticipated new album, You’re Welcome.  Set for release on March 5th, You’re Welcome marks the platinum-selling band’s debut album for Fueled By Ramen.

A Day To Remember vocalist Jeremy McKinnon commented on the forthcoming collection noting, “It’s finally here—almost! To all our fans around the world, we want to say, ‘Thank you!’ You’ve waited patiently, and we can’t wait for you to hear this. There’s a lot of detail in everything we do from the mixes to the artwork, because it all tells a story. So, we made sure each element was perfect. Every line happens for a reason. We took what we envision modern music to be and made a hybrid of who we were, who we are, and who we want to be. It took a lot of maneuvering to get it right, but we feel like we did. We’re here now and very happy to present You’re Welcome.”

To herald the record’s arrival, the band have also shared the new single “Brick Wall,” which is available today on all streaming platforms.

Pre-orders for You’re Welcome are live today featuring exclusive merch bundles and a special deluxe edition vinyl of the LP (hand numbered and limited to only 1000 units), which will be pressed on gold vinyl and feature layered artwork offering an enhanced visual journey of You’re Welcome.  All pre-orders for You’re Welcome will unlock instant grat downloads of “Brick Wall” as well as the previously released singles “Degenerates,” “Resentment,” and “Mindreader.”

Largely produced by Colin “DOC” Brittain and the band’s own Jeremy McKinnon, the 14-tracks on You’re Welcome represent another major step forward for the acclaimed quintet. Highlights include “Bloodsucker” which ravages with an infectious intensity, while “F.Y.M.” spouts punk energy through an unforgettable chorus. “Viva La Mexico” builds to a stadium-sized chant backed by walls of guitars, whereas “Everything We Need” closes out the album with a plaintive melody and acoustic eloquence, once more showcasing A Day To Remember’s multifaceted songwriting. [album art / tracklisting below].

A Day To Remember preceded You’re Welcome with release of “Mindreader” earlier this year. Since then the track has amassed over 18 million global streams while its accompanying animated music video has generated over two million views.  “Mindreader” followed early standalone singles “Degenerates” and “Resentment” which have collectively amassed over 100 million global streams.  Billboard praised “Degenerates” as “an anthemic hybrid of post-hardcore and pop,” while Kerrang! hailed, “‘Resentment’ offers a taste of the musical direction the band are heading, and will certainly tide us over until more news arrives.”

Track Listing

1. Brick Wall
    2. Mindreader
    3. Bloodsucker
    4. Last Chance to Dance (Bad Friend)
    5. F.Y.M.
    6. High Diving
    7. Resentment
    8. Looks Like Hell
    9. Viva La Mexico
    10. Only Money
    11. Degenerates
    12. Permanent
    13. Re-Entry
    14. Everything We Need
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

verses sound like the hell song. this is really bad.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  3. Freezon

Regular

I really like this band overall but I feel like I’m always underwhelmed by their songs and production. It’s not bad by any means but not especially good. They’re a massive band so maybe my expectations are just too high and never met. But cool to finally have a release date.

4. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

The four songs off of this are really bad. Swing and a miss attempt at being an arena rock band.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  5. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Sounds like four song ideas stitched together.

Chickenmcbringinits likes this.
  6. Allegations against Josh still going unaddressed and being swept under the rug, is it? Fuck this band.

ItsAndrew, swboyd, 333 GANG and 4 others like this.
  7. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

I couldn't get into their last album due to the production, but absolutely loved Common Courtesy. I think the production seems much better this time, but most of the songs haven't quite done it for me. This is the worst one so far imo. I thought mind reader was decent.

8. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Comment makes no sense, they’ve been playing arenas for at least 5 years...

Analog Drummer likes this.
  9. I think they addressed it over the summer? It was your usual denial though.

song sucks

falafelmywaffle and Carrow like this.
  10. Fair enough, but of course they denied it. Still fuck them.

11. WasteSomeTime

Regular

I'm not saying it did or didn't happen but if it didn't happen why wouldn't you deny. I know if someone accuses me of something I didn't do I don't go "oh well you said it so sure I'll take ownership." This whole guilty until innocent is getting ridiculous. It's terrible when events do happen and I feel bad for all the victims but if it didn't happen, yes you have the right to deny.

12. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I’m more talking about the generic radio rock sound of these songs. They’ve been playing small arenas, I wouldn’t call them an arena rock band by any means.

SuNDaYSTaR and falafelmywaffle like this.
  13. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

I want to like this song, but just don't. The other new ones aren't bad IMO.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  14. BradBradley

Regular

I want to like asparagus, but just don’t. The other vegetables aren’t bad IMO.

15. WasteSomeTime

Regular

There isn't really any rock band playing huge arenas anymore without it being a huge festival or a big co-headling tour.

16. musicguy87

Foo fighters? Muse? Coldplay?

17. tyler_pifer

This is the first I'm hearing about it.

18. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

this thread has some sensitive fans of the band lol

falafelmywaffle and Carrow like this.
  19. Zorlak

Crusher Destroyer Prestigious

The Black Keys, The Killers, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Cage The Elephant, Beck, Blink 182, The 1975

Seen all those bands headlining arenas in the past 2 years.

20. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

never really listened to this band but damn was that a pretty garbage song. the mixing is off, the pacing and shifts in tempo are all over the place, lyrics feel very try hard. yikes all around.

21. WasteSomeTime

Regular

I didn't say they didn't exist but there aren't many. I would love more rock bands of any generation or style get into arenas and see rock music start rising again. But you basically just named all of them. My point was ADTR isn't a miss on arenas, they've been playing them since Common Courtesy and there is only a tiny fraction of rock bands that can even slightly entertain an arena show with where rock music is right now on popularity.

22. Rawrz

Regular

Damn this album will be terrible.

23. btr

Trusted Supporter

4 songs already out the day of the album announcement for a 4-month rollout on a super delayed album. Nice

theasteriskera likes this.
  24. Indigo

Trusted

Not to be a dick, but if you're saying you didn't know about it... you were involved in the discussion back in August about it.

25. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

If I remember correctly it wasn’t really a “he said, she said” situation....I’m pretty sure there’s some solid evidence against him out there if I’m not mistaken.