Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day to Remember – “Degenerates”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

A Day to Remember have signed with Fueled by Ramen and released their new single “Degenerates” to all streaming services.

Ahead of their main stage performances at this weekend’s Reading and Leeds Festivals in the UK, A Day To Remember have released their brand new single “Degenerates” through their new label Fueled By Ramen. The anthemic track is available to stream and download starting today HERE.
    A Day To Remember will appear at numerous festivals in the coming weeks, including two massive installments of their own Self Help Fest. The first ever Self Help Fest Massachusetts will take place on September 7th in Worcester, MA and will see the band perform alongside Falling In Reverse, FEVER 333, Real Friends, Wage War, Whitechapel, This Wild Life, A Loss For Words, The Acacia Strain, and more. The fifth Self Help Fest San Bernardino will take place on October 12th in San Bernardino, CA, and feature performances from A Day To Remember, I Prevail, Beartooth, Motionless In White, Animals as Leaders, Periphery, Real Friends, This Wild Life, Set Your Goals, Angel Du$t, Can’t Swim, Elder Brother, and more. Tickets for both Self Help Fests are on sale now HERE.

In October, A Day To Remember will embark on their The Degenerates Tour for fall 2019. Produced by Live Nation, the massive North American trek will kick off with Self Help Fest San Bernardino on October 12th and wrap on November 23rd in Fayetville, NC. Special guests I Prevail and Beartooth will join on most dates. Tickets for all shows are available now HERE.

A Day To Remember recently surprised fans when they were featured on Marshmello’s single “Rescue Me”, marking their first new music since 2016’s acclaimed Bad Vibrations. Watch the song’s music video HERE.

Over the course of the past several years, each of A Day To Remember’s releases have hit No. 1 on Billboard’s Rock, Indie and/or Alternative Charts, they’ve sold more than a million units, racked up over 400 million Spotify streams and 500 million YouTube views, garnered two gold-selling albums and singles (and one silver album in the UK) and sold out entire continental tours, amassing a global fanbase whose members number in the millions. All of which explains why Rolling Stone called them “An Artist You Need To Know.” A Day To Remember is: Jeremy McKinnon (vocals), Alex Shelnutt (drums), Kevin Skaff (guitar, vocals), Neil Westfall (guitar, vocals), and Joshua Woodard (bass).

2. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Was this track produced by Marshmello, too?

3. fredwordsmith Aug 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 20, 2019)
    fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Chorus is terrific, and I'm sure the long-time fans will hate it. As a person who thinks Common Courtesy is fantastic, I'm on board for this.

"...hits like a brick!" in that mini-breakdown for crowd vocals is going to slay live as a "my first mosh pit" experience. Everybody needs those.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Not enjoying this very much.

5. BradBradley

Regular

I didn’t know that Set Your Goals is still active.

6. MacbethSin

Regular

Boring obligatory breakdown aside, good stuff! I'm all for them exploring a poppier space with more commitment than a single track or two per album

7. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Started off skeptical but was sold by the end of the song. Expecting to have this on heavy rotation over the next few days.

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I like this song.

9. Chuck!

Regular

Not for me

10. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

They've become so cliche/cheesy/predictable.

AllenRicketts likes this.
  11. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

-A Day To Remember critics since 2003

12. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I've been a fan since the beginning I just can't do it anymore.

13. ManBearPuig

Same. Just not for me but I’ll always wish them well. FTWHH will always be great.

14. latortuga

Regular

Underrated comment! This band has been dealing with "too poppy" / "too heavy" haters since day 1. You do you ADTR!!!

Analog Drummer likes this.
  15. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

That's cool, people's tastes change. Just worth noting that this same criticism has happened with almost every one of their records. People who loved For Those Who Have thought Homesick was too poppy, people who loved Homesick though What Separates Me From You was too poppy, etc.

16. AllenRicketts

Regular

That's funny. I find CC to be extremely bland and samey all the way through but I also really like this song. I feel like I should hate it but it just makes me happy.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  17. currytheword

Trusted

Tis a pass. Common Courtesy was a fun return and an awesome fuck you to Victory, but I haven’t been into anything since.

18. 333 GANG

ACAB

This stinks.

19. SFguitar

Regular

Samey? That album has acoustic songs, pop punk songs, hardcore songs and one of the heaviest songs they've ever written. That's one album that could never be called samey, lol

20. Analog Drummer

Regular

2006 fan here

Song is great. I always love their more pop punk songs

fredwordsmith and Eric Wilson like this.
  21. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Common Courtesy is probably my favorite album by them. So catchy.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  22. Hahaha right.

It’s catchy. The 2:10 talking singing reminds me of Mark in Blink songs. There’s a fan that will love this. And I think it might be me? *shrug*

23. Neon Light

rage and love

I checked my phone at this point to see if it had a Mark feature. Genuinely thought it was him

24. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I like it. I love all the Instagram stories I’m seeing like “FBR ruins punk bands” and trying to figure out what bands that could possibly mean lol.

25. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Probably All Time Low lol

Don't think The Swellers were ever big enough to warrant the hate I've seen for their signing to FBR