Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Day to Remember’s Lawsuit Completes; Band Awarded $4 Million Verdict • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 23, 2016.

1. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

damn. 4 million. Good for them.

2. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

"Not-a-Victory Records"

3. MoviePoopShoot.com

I was a big fan of this band since ATNWT, I was totally pulling for them during this whole lawsuit. Well deserved win, Victory records screwed them big time. In reality, all this money is just going to fuel their egos even more. These dudes are already cocky, dicks, can't imagine how they're going to be now.

4. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

I hád totally forgotten about this lawsuit. How can victory continue from here. Every one of its biggest bands seems to sue it.

I used to literally buy everything they put out but the label has really gone downhill in terms of quality output.

Amber likes this.
  5. Schooner

Trusted

Yeah I'm happy they won and F victory and I'll admit I'm not really down pat with what happened but if I'm a judge I'm not passing off live things as albums. Borderline would be like Four Your Strongs 90s covers album if I'm wielding the court hammer

shawnhyphenray likes this.
  6. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

It appears emmure is there cash cow now.

7. m80

Nope they are now signed to sharptone records now. I'm sad that I know that

8. say_hello_to_good_times

I was under the impression that there was no money to be made in music and that even popular bands were scraping by.

Schooner likes this.
  9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

10. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I think it all depends on if you agree. If your label doesn't want to count the 90's cover album, I say they should let the band foot the bill and release it independently.

Schooner likes this.
  11. josh1279

I assume it's not in the bank; but tucked in all the dark corners and hiding places it could find. If they don't have the money, ADTR can start putting liens on a lot of Victory's stuff.

12. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

Emmure are still a thing? Streaming aside, i dont understand what would inspire people to purchase ANOTHER album of open chugging. "There's one born every minute"

I suppose it depends how smart Tony was with the money he wouldve made circa 2000.

13. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Presumably if Victory owe ADTR $4m in royalties, they must have been recouping a fair chunk of money themselves? That being said, having read that piece by one of their former marketing/finance guys (I think that was his role), it wouldn't be a shock if Victory have wasted a lot of it.

14. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Yeah Emmure is still a thing,however everyone left but Frank so its an all new backing band. They released a new single awhile back, think an album soon. Apparently there off Victory now to, Sharptone records.

I went to an Emmure show way back in the days when Goodbye to the Gallows was there only album, Emmure stopped there set early because dumb emo kids were spitting on each other. WE went outside the venue and there was 18 cop cruisers. Seems like the whole police force showed up just for 2 dumb little emo kids spitting on each other.

15. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Would 4 million be enough to bankrupt Victory? Like, their biggest bands as of right now (correct me if I'm wrong) are Taproot, Islander, Terror, and Jungle Rot, and if this is enough to put a severe dent in Victory's finances, I can't see any of those bands carrying the label from here on out.