Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Bunch of Free Downloads Are Up on Amazon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Amazon has a whole lot of digital albums up for free download. Stuff like Augustana, Brand New, Say Anything, and Boys Like Girls. At first I thought this was some weird “sign up for our whatever program and then get the albums in our proprietary format” thing. Nope. I downloaded a zip file full of mp3s for that Augustana album as a test.1

1. Seriously, if you don’t have that album, get it.

Robk likes this.
  2. @Craig Manning Time to tell everyone we know to get Augustana album. Haha.

Craig Manning likes this.
  3. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

Well I just went through and added a bunch of stuff to the MP3 cart. Got to the place your order page and received an error saying that the item was not available, then went to a 404 page. sigh.

4. That moment when it's like OH COME ON. Hah. I think it saves what's in that cart for you though, wonder which one it's giving you the error for. (Hey, I see you add that Good Charlotte remix album!)

5. Jose

weightless in the valley

Just picked up Deja, and since I feel like I should pay for this art, I'll probably be buying the vinyl soon.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

That's good because I didn't want to go back through all the artists again, haha. I think it might have been giving me an error for having 24 items in the cart (Couldn't pass up getting free Jefferson Starship!)

7. Of course not!

8. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Not seeing any of the stuff mentioned above. Looks like I'm too late for free/cheap stuff as usual. :verysad:

Raku likes this.
  9. Woah, yeah, so many albums just went away. I wonder if there was a limit on them?

10. Yeah, even the ones saying 0.00 are now giving me 404 errors.

Weird.

[​IMG]

11. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

Looks like I missed the window :/ Oh well. I miss that Augustana album. So good.

12. Louie

Takes a Bit More

I missed out. Doo.

Raku likes this.
  13. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

There's not a lot left...but the Emmy the Great & Tim Wheeler track is from a fantastic little Xmas album.

14. Raku

Regular

Missed out on the good stuff =/

15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Hopefully at least a few people grabbed it! Still such an impressive leap from their previous album, which was already good.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. All gone :-/

Raku likes this.
  17. sammyboy516 Apr 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2016)
    sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Love the "expand" option on these articles in the discussion thread, @Jason Tate. Thanks for listening to your users, means a lot!

18. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

yeah, can't love, can't hurt is great. must-listen.

19. Everyone who hasn't heard Can't Love, Can't Hurt should still get it into their ears one way or another

20. Of course. Lots of things I just couldn't get to in the 1.0 but have started to tweak and change.

DejaMoi likes this.