Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A$AP Ferg - Always Strive And Prosper (2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 15, 2016.

1. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Imo new level, world is mine, let it bang are def radio worthy.
    Even I love you if only for the breezy feature.

In fact New level is on the daily rotation here. He is getting a lot more exposure with this direction.

What songs of his have been on the radio before this album?

2. Tbh I really like this. Not quite Trap Lord level but a really cohesive, great album.

3. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Shabba and work were pretty inescapable. Even if he didn't have hits before it wouldn't mean this is gonna be the album to blow him up outside a core base.

4. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Well I would be dumb to think the opposite is happening. I may just be optimistic. And whether he 'blows up' or not, he definitely made the conscious decision to make his music more accessible.

5. dangerstepp

I was digging the album all right and congrats to Ferg for trying something new.

However, that Big Sean feature is not great... at all. Yeesh.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This is so bad, so many lyrical moments that hurt my soul

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The cheeseballing love yourself-ness on the Missy track feels so out of place on this album

8. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i like it, generally. bummer the closing song is the weakest.

9. bedwettingcosmo

my wife thought i was listening to the new beyonce album when i put hungry ham on for some reason..

10. I want the song that Ferg x Missy x Mustard *should* be. Strive is fine but that collab has so much more potential. Give me a Mustard beat a la My Krazy Life with quality verses from Ferg and Missy.

11. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

nah im glad mustard has branched out, i dont want that

12. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I think I've warmed up to this a lot. Although once it gets to the Big Sean song I turn it off (not just because of that one, I don't really like the rest of it lol). I appreciate some variance of sound here and I think the effort he made to be a little more personal is endearing to me

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I might be the only person that kinda loves World is Mine. Up there with Strive, New Level, Swipe Life as my favorite.

14. bedwettingcosmo

i can't stand swipe life. i really am ok just shuttin it down after new level

15. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

This album is so LIT. First 6 tracks especially have me going ham. So glad I didn't listen to the singles much.

16. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

17. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

No love for Swipe Life?????

18. bedwettingcosmo

nope not about that sorry

19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Anyone looking to buy 2 tickets to the show in Philly tonight? $30 a piece.