Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

90's Nickelodeon Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by rocketsguy03, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Jbent

Trusted

Been hanging with my younger brother and rewatching so many retro game shows. He's autistic so he gets extremely invested in the games, which apparently rubs off on me getting into it as well. Sharing some thoughts on favorites

Double Dare - the Family Double Dare seasons is the show in it's prime. The obstacle course time limit goes so damn quick, if dad struggles to locate a flag in the giant human nose or ice cream sundae it's over. Goodbye 1 week vacation at Space Camp

Wild & Crazy Kids - 3 segments each episode so there were some hits and some misses. Loved that no prizes were given, just pure desire to defeat the opposition at 3 legged soccer. Spin yourself dizzy baseball could be the solution to saving the MLB from irrelevance. Good show

Nick Arcade - a great concept in a great time for it, crammed into 23 mins. The Mikey gameboards run out of time fast, feels rushed and the wizard virtual final round lands pretty flat. Flaws and all it was way superior to starcade. Show deserved better but still enjoyable

Guts - the least wacky of its era while still being fun. The "global" season refined everything great about Guts, the peak of kid contestant game shows. Mo, aggro-crag, the international "broadcast" teams and the flag draped victory laps were basically perfect

Legends of the Hidden Temple - other than losing steam in the middle with the legend reenactment segments and some pendant games, this is up there with all time best from nickelodeon. The 3 minute temple run is a theatrical event. Solving the puzzle rooms, temple guards and strategies all equally rage inducing to watch. Shrine of the silver monkey takes pity on no one

Figure It Out - endearing to see many people involved with classic nickelodeon as panelists in a less scripted and looser setting. The game part of the show itself was fine, and yes Summer Sanders is no doubt an angel among us

riotspray and uuu like this.
  2. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Where are you watching them? I’d love to watch some of these!

Jbent likes this.
  3. Jbent

Trusted

Other than the ones archived on the interweb and loose eps on youtube we found some old vhs from GaS era in storage that got it started lol

riotspray likes this.
  4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

that's one way to feel old af

coleslawed, David87 and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Vase Full Of Rocks and RyanPm40 like this.
  9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

They rebooted Rugrats and it's modern 3D animation and it's terrible.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I loved it. Great cast, nice change to the format.

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

We were bored with Tv earlier so we started surfing through the paramount+ app and they have a ton of the 90s Nick shows, including Salute Your Shorts. Watched the first one, recognized the episode right away, didn’t realize that was the first one lol.

anywya, it included an absolutely horrendous rap song by Budnick professing his love for Deanna

Also this is the first time I realized Pinsky was also Joey the Rat on Boy Meets World

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The reboot of legends of the hidden temple looks bad

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Awful Waffle! Awful Waffle! Awful Waffle!
    Also, Pinsky was the guitarist for Rilo Kiley

14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It's truly truly truly terrible

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter