Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

90's Nickelodeon Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by rocketsguy03, Oct 6, 2019.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

No no no delete that I’m reporting the post.

David87 likes this.
  2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Zeke The Plumber *echo*

3. rocketsguy03

allisterkid

Nice one there, but I think I was trying more for main character with this one. Maybe I'll do a secondary or "one-off" characters list. Top 5 Nickelodeon game shows coming tonight / morning if we're as slow at work as I expect we will be.

TomG likes this.
  4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

the best thing Nick ever gave us

5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Had no idea Nickelodeon premiered that Adventure Time short before moving to CN

coleslawed likes this.
  6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Part 2 of Are You Afraid of the Dark was good

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Showed part one to someone today and liked it just as much the second time. Can’t wait to watch the new one.

8. Iain

Regular

Man - these were THE DAYS!!!

I dont know if a disney thread was created but... Smart Guy! Loved it!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Great, now I have the theme song stuck in my head lol.

He's a smart guuuuy. Do do. Do. Dodododo.

himynameisiain likes this.
  10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I have been saying Flo-dy unironically ever since that episode where TJ got drunk.

11. soggytime

Trusted

New Ren and Stimpy documentary coming to Sundance. I'm curious how this goes. Sounds like its not just a puff piece, and delves into John K's disturbing behavior.

happy-happy-joy-joy-the-ren-stimpy-story

12. rocketsguy03

allisterkid

Top 5 live action (non-cartoon and non-gameshow) 90's Nick shows:

5. All That

The first sketch comedy TV show that I ever watched for kids. This had it's ups and downs, while propelling many kid actors to future stardom (Kenan Thompson, Amanda Bynes, Nick Cannon).

4. My Brother And Me

Deserved far more than the 1 season it got. Every 90s kid knew the phrase Gooooo Punch. This show guest stars Kendall Gill from the iconic 90s Charlotte Hornets (every kid had a Hornets Starter jacket). Lots of funny punch lines, this shows just worked so well for Nick in the 90s.

3. Kenan And Kel

Every episode followed a ridiculously unbelievable plot, but somehow every episode still felt fresh. This show inspired many young kids to become orange soda addicts.

2. Salute Your Shorts

Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts, and when I think about you... IT MAKES ME WANNA FART! 'Nuff said.

1. The Adventures Of Pete And Pete

This has to be one of the most creative and cleverly written kids shows of all time. So much so, that I hated it as a kid, because it didn't click with my young brain. But when I revisited it as an adult I realized what I was missing by wanting to turn off the TV every time this came on.

JRGComedy and Night Channels like this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this is true. i don’t know of any other cartoon that had a hanukkah AND passover special, and rugrats had both

soggytime and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

looking back, I was actually disappointed with the Hanukkah special when I watched it later...maybe I was comparing it too much to the Passover special, which was top notch.
    I taught world history a couple years ago and did a very quick few lessons on a few world religions and I showed that episode at the end of the class haha

15. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Woah, haven’t thought about Goo Punch in a while!!

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

17. rocketsguy03

allisterkid

For anyone looking to relive the 90s Golden Age and add to their podcast plate, this is a great 90s Nickelodeon. They review old 90s Nick episodes, do "vs podcasts" (Kenan vs Kel, Legends of the Hidden Temple vs Guts, Arnold vs Doug, etc.), and a lot more 90s Nickelodeon stuff.

Big Orange Couch: The 90s Nickelodeon Podcast

[​IMG]

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

If you can somehow get a Myspleen invite, there are so many shows WOC (with original commercials) on there. I have a bunch of Wild & Crazy Kids, Legends, GUTS, What Would You Do, Double Dare etc. on my harddrive.

19. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

You GOTTA upload that to a google drive.

20. rocketsguy03

allisterkid

Seconded! I've been trying to find a complete set of Guts and Figure It Out forever (Summer Sanders was so hot!).

uuu likes this.
  21. rocketsguy03

allisterkid

Top 10 Hey Arnold Season 1 episodes. I was gonna try to do all episodes, but season 1 alone has so many gems.

Honorable mentions: 24 Hours To Live, Helga's Makeover, The Baseball, Mugged.

10. World Records
    All the kids in town try to break a world record, but fail miserably... until the end when Arnold realizes that they set a record for most attempts at breaking a record without actually breaking one. Yeah that ending is cheesy as hell, but the route they take to get there makes for a fun episode.

9. Downtown As Fruits
    The very first episode ever of Hey Arnold. Maybe slightly overrated, but still a great series opener and a creative episode as a whole. Arnold and Gerald are dressed as a banana and strawberry and inadvertently get given a big sack of cash.

8. The List
    Arnold tries to complete everything on "a kids list to the perfect Saturday" but fails miserably. Grandma Pookie brightens him up at the end of the day, though, as they jam out on the piano on the roof.

7. Fake Alarm
    Crime thriller episode in which Eugene is wrongly accused of pulling the fire alarm. A jury of peers wants to convict Eugene due to all the evidence pointing his way, but Arnold won't allow them to convict him without a proper trial.

6. Sally's Comet
    I related to this one, because I always want to see shooting stars, comets, stars in general, but even in Colorado I'm too lazy to get out of the city to leave the light pollution and see the stars. Arnold and Gerald want to see a comet, but can't because all these assholes have their lights on in the city.

5. The Sewer King
    This is maybe the first episode I ever remember seeing. I was young enough that as Arnold plays chess with the Sewer King, I always thought he was saying "check me." And then when I repeated it my sister told me, "he's not saying check me, he's saying checkmate stupid!"

4. Pigeon Man
    Just an absolute classic and a sentiment to how cruel kids and people in general can be. Arnold befriends the "weird" pigeon man and when he takes him out on the town a bunch of dickhead kids trash his pigeon sanctuary.

3. The Vacant Lot
    In a perfect summer episode, the boys discover an empty lot that they clean up and christen as Gerald Field. The adults a fuckers and take over the lot for themselves, but then realize that they are fuckers when the kids tell them they are fuckers.

2. Stoop Kid
    Pretty much an impossible episode to leave off any Hey Arnold list. Stoop Kid is only prominently featured in this episode, but if you don't know who Stoop Kid is then you're clearly not a Hey Arnold fan.

1. Arnold's Christmas
    This is the definitive best episode in Hey Arnold history, not only season 1. Feels like a bit of a cheat as this is a full episode instead of just a half episode so it gives them more time to formulate the plot, but everything about it is perfect. Gerald wanting to buy everyone in his family a tie for Christmas (including his little sister), the grumpy man who helps Arnold find Mr. Hyunh's daughter, Helga being madly in love with Arnold like always, and so much more. I CRY EVERY SINGLE TIME I WATCH THIS EPISODE.

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I truly had no idea all of those episodes were Season 1. I'm probably forgetting some episodes right now, but it seems like all of the series most memorable episodes are there. I mean, I remember some other random ones (like Arnold trying to prove Eugene isn't a jinx, the chocolate boy centered episode, some of the Dino episodes, etc), but usually for the stupid gags in them. But I clearly remember the Christmas episode, Stoop Kid, Pigeon Man, and of course fruits.

Yeah that Mr. Hyunh finding his daughter thing hits fucking hard every time. Especially Helga's efforts to help make it happen for Arnold.

We talked about this in one of the threads (maybe there's a thread for the movie?), but Arnold and Helga finally getting together made my childhood life at the age of 29 or 30 or whenever the Jungle movie came out. I mean, I knew they had kissed before in the first movie and all but it was sweet to see the confirmation that Arnold liked her too.

disambigujason and uuu like this.
  23. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I always remember the episode where the older kids befriend Arnold so he'll break into the football shaped window.

disambigujason likes this.
  24. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

Christmas episode of Arnold is 100% without a doubt the best episode. Second for me is the Snow Day episode. I like winter.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

It’s always crazy seeing how many of my childhood favorite episodes were mostly crammed into the first couple seasons of their respective shows. Good list. Idk the season but my favorite was when they play football against the 5th graders.

As for the Christmas episode I’m always amazed at how heavy the war flashback seen is, especially the music.

uuu likes this.