Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

90's Nickelodeon Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by rocketsguy03, Oct 6, 2019.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also the casual and constant inclusivity in Rugrats is untouchable.

2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I was practically raised by Nick, Fox Kids and Kids WB, and I've never heard of Hey Dude

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

ooooh noooo poor Melville

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

The Hey Arnold Jungle Movie is on Hulu now

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Susie's dad had such a cool job!

Plus Charlotte and Betty being strong badasses

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They covered sooooo many things and it was always so gentle and clear. I couldn’t love it more.

coleslawed and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

It was like a worse version of Salute Your Shorts but instead of at a summer camp it was at a Dude Ranch. I remember it being very corny/worse acted in comparison to Salute Your Shorts

riotspray and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It had baby Christine Taylor though.

riotspray likes this.
  9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow you're right....I knew she was on one of those shows and I knew her name was Melody on the show, but if you would have asked me I would have sworn it was Salute Your Shorts and not Hey Dude

10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I loved both Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts but haven't seen either in ages.

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I think the biggest thing wrong with their late night teen nick marathons is, while they play all the best shows, they really should mix it up sometimes. I would love to see these at 12 AM on a friday night when I'm sitting here with my baby haha. Not that I'm complaining about getting Doug and Hey Arnold and Rocko but I'd love to see some of these other old school shows.

12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Subbin

13. Would you all pay for yet another subscription service if Nickelodeon came out with one?

kyle likes this.
  14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm still stubbornly refusing to get any of these stupid services but since I have a baby who will be watching cartoons in a few years time, I'd probably pony up the dough for it. I'd much rather him watch the cartoons I grew up with because I don't even know what cartoons exist today on Nick:crylaugh:

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I would get one if it was considerably cheaper than most services. Unlike Disney where they have a lot of newer content or films from other companies, my interest in Nick is ONLY for the older back catalog.

Of course I still don’t know if I will support Disney at all given what they’re doing to media, even if the service does appeal to me.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

A lot of Nicktoons from the 90s still hold up really well but Rocko's Modern Life is the best one. And Static Cling was wonderful.

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

And a cool guy named Jake who played drums!

18. Yeah a standalone service wouldn't make sense but an additional few bucks to an Amazon Prime membership would be fine.

19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I'd never pay for a Nickelodeon subscription. I do wish Hulu had more of their older shows though, they already have a decent amount of them

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

A lot of these used to be on Netflix waaaay back in the day. It was great. I also really miss Nick GAS. That was all I watched for a few years.

21. rocketsguy03

allisterkid

My top ten favorite 90's Nickelodeon characters.

Honorable mentions (couldn't quite crack the list, but got consideration):
    Little Pete - The Adventures Of Pete & Pete
    Mr. Dink - Doug
    Gerald - Hey Arnold!
    Grandma Gertrude - Hey Arnold!
    Dee Dee - My Brother & Me
    Twister - Rocket Power
    Heffer - Rocko's Modern Life
    Chuckie - Rugrats
    Budnick - Salute Your Shorts

10. Donkey Lips - Salute Your Shorts

The lovable fat camper at Camp Anawanna. I don't have much to say about him and really need to revisit the series (and maybe when I do he will move up the list), but he just always struck me as the best character on the show.

[​IMG]

9. Alex Mack - The Secret World Of Alex Mack

The celebrity Nickelodeon crush of any 10 year old boy growing up during the golden era of the network. Her superpowers of turning into liquid and static electricity may be seen as slightly useless, but she still found many benefits from it for sneaking around. She typically used the sneaking around powers for good use against evil people instead of using it to sneak into places to steal or being a peeping Tom.

[​IMG]

8. Tommy Pickles - Rugrats

The youngest (I think?) and bravest of the rugrats. There would be no show without Tommy, because he was the catalyst behind all the adventures with his inherent curiosity.

All time favorite Tommy quote is, "One time I told Angelica to go away," from an episode where Tommy meets another brave friend and uses that as his example of showing how brave he is.

[​IMG]

7. Big Pete - The Adventures Of Pete & Pete

Not sure if I'll get torn apart for picking Big Pete over Little Pete, but I love his narration, love that he's at the "cool but awkward" stage in his life through the series, and love his loyalty overall to his friends and family. His loyalty waivers often in episodes, but by the end he usually does the right thing.

[​IMG]

6. Rocko - Rocko's Modern Life

I had to go with another title character of a show in this spot. I really only felt like I had room for one character off this show on my list and went back and forth a bit. I think Rocko's accent sold me on him. I love trying to talk like Rocko and failing miserably at it. Rocko lives an interesting life in America and the reboot, Static Cling, proves that this show could be great today as well with our new modern technology.

[​IMG]

5. Kel Kimble - Kenan & Kel

As a kid I always loved Kel's stupidity. It may have stemmed from his naivety in Good Burger which came out around the same time that Kenan & Kel, as his character on this show was just as dumb as him in Good Burger. But he always had pure intentions. There was an episode where he won the lottery, and before he inevitably loses the winning ticket, he exclaims that he's splitting the money with Kenan, because "I wouldn't wanna be a millionaire without you." And I was a giant fan of orange soda as a kid, still probably my soda of choice, so that bumps him up too.

[​IMG]

4. Roger Parker - My Brother And Me

The cool dad that you don't quite appreciate as a kid with my dream job. Roger was a sports writer in Charlotte, primarily covering the Charlotte Hornets. When trying to mentor his kids Roger often sidebars into stories about "back in my day me and your Uncle Lawrence used to..." that put the kids to sleep or make them want to get away, but it's always a good laugh for the audience. This show is ridiculously underrated, probably due to only having one season, but it displays everything 90's with the clothing style, slang used, and themes in the stories. Plus it has a strong emphasis on my favorite thing from the 1990s, the NBA!

[​IMG]

3. Stu Pickles - Rugrats

Definitely the best adult character on this show, Stu is a 10 year old kid in the body of a 35 to 40 year old man. Although he's often a failure as a toy inventor he does have some breakthroughs such as his bubble machine and the device that changes someone's voice (Angelica sounds like her mom with the device and orders a bunch of food for delivery). He loves to just be a kid, play, watch football, and of course watch the Dummi Bears.

[​IMG]

2. Grandpa Phil - Hey Arnold!

The kids on the show are great, all the boarding house residents are great as well, but I can't see any argument that could possibly conclude that Phil is not the best damn character on this show. Voiced by Dan Castellaneta, he provides awesome bits of (sometimes useless) advice to Arnold and Gerald, has hilarious anecdotes from his past, and also has a comical relationship with his wife and the rest of the residents of the boarding house. While this is a timeless show in regards to having a good moral at the end of every episode, Phil is the character that makes me laugh over and over.

[​IMG]

1. Skeeter Valentine - Doug

Mosquito "Skeeter" Valentine befriends Doug on his first day in Bluffington only because he truly is an all around good guy. He's the kind of friend that anyone would want growing up in 6th grade. He's hip, funny, loyal, honest, and quirky. For how boring of a character Doug can sometimes be ("Dear Journal, I woke up today and saw I had a pimple!!"), Skeeter helps to pull Bluffington together and inspire interest in the show.

In the classic scene from the pilot episode when he meets Doug, Doug tries to place an order for some burgers, fries, and sodas, Skeeter steps in to let them know, "The new kid wants three moo cows, one no cucs, one no sneakers, one wet one, four cubers, and four from the vine."

[​IMG]

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

This Are You Afraid of the Dark special is enjoyable...at least, as enjoyable as a 31 year old would find it. I could see young/tween/teen me enjoying this a lot.

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah it;s pretty fun so far, especially the Midnight Society parts.

24. TomG

Trusted Supporter

No Zeke the Plumber?

chewbacca110 and David87 like this.
  25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

TomG and David87 like this.