Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

90s music • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Apr 14, 2021.

1. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

My late '90s Mount Rushmore:

Matchbox Twenty
    Third Eye Blind
    Goo Goo Dolls
    Sugar Ray

bradsonemanband and David87 like this.
  2. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

Matchbox 20 and 3EB was like the Pepsi vs Coke and Sega vs Nintendo of 90's pop rock radio. Those two albums battled it out on the radio for like two years.

bradsonemanband and David87 like this.
  3. abw123

Trusted

3EB's debut album is so so so good.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

That was on the Angus soundtrack! They had a pretty good tune on the Twister soundtrack too I think.

5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I love this song

Gianni28 likes this.
  6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

oh hey

7. angrycandy

bradsonemanband and KyleAtGalaxy like this.
  8. angrycandy

David87 likes this.
  9. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

10. angrycandy

Jimmy Ray is the GOAT

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

12. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I think I listen to my 90s playlist on Spotify more than anything else these days. There was so much more diversity in music that was played on the radio back then compared to now. It was also just a more optimistic time overall. I miss those days.

Gianni28 and KyleAtGalaxy like this.
  13. I sing this in my head periodically too but haven't heard this song since the 90s probably hahaha. So funny!

stars143 likes this.
  14. This is my ever-growing 18+ hour long 90s playlist, haha

Nineties

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Straying away from the one hit wonders for a sec...Though I think they have their own thread here so might be cheating.

This song has kind of become my main group of friends official song of hte group lol. It mostly stemmed from going out to bars to see cover bands play and the first time a band played this we all rocked tf out and then requested it from every other band after that (and got it a lot). So now literally all of us have had it play at our weddings lol.

But much like Third eye Blind and Matchbox 20 ruled the air waves in the second half the 90s...and they were my mom's two favorite bands so I heard them a LOT on the radio as a pre-teen/upper elementary kid....I remember in the late first half/mid 90s hearing all the Cranberries hits a LOT on the radio. And this song in particular I remember being featured in one of those late night compilation CD commercials. Wanna say it was called "The Buzz"? Or Buzz?

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

A little off-topic, but speaking of playlists, I need everyone's help with this. Add a few certified bangers and then I will add a corresponding Weird Al song (who I love) to undermine the flow.

Bangers Undermined By Weird Al

17. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Jam.

Surfwax, stars143, angrycandy and 2 others like this.
  18. this is probably my most listened to song of the 90s, honestly, haha. i still listen to it all the time. the album has a few other songs i like too.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  19. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

"Linger" makes me feel an incredible kind of way very few songs ever have.

Surfwax, KyleAtGalaxy and David87 like this.
  20. angrycandy

stars143, SmashRipsaw and JRGComedy like this.
  21. angrycandy

SmashRipsaw and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. angrycandy likes this.
  23. angrycandy

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

It is fantastic. I've sort of overplayed it to myself the last few years because I had kind of "forgotten" about it for a long time and then rediscovered it and played the shit out of it hah.

My middle school crush/"first love" (as far as middle school crushes go lol) who I was good friends with and even though I got over her I still always had a "thing" for in high school, ended up having some feelings for me and was kind of hinting at it at one point and at the time I of course couldn't read all the signs very well, but one night she called and I picked up and she was like "no don't pick up, me and my friend are trying to leave you a voicemail!", so I said okay, and it was her and her friend harmonizing "Dreams" which, again...idiot 16 year old me didn't realize how obvious this was lol.

The funny part though was they thought they were re-recording the message, but in reality they were leaving new ones every take they did, so I got like 8-10+ voicemails of them singing and then laughing when they would screw up lol.

stars143 likes this.