Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

77th Golden Globes Awards • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Jan 4, 2020.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’d pay to see The Kong’s Speech.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush saying roar for 2 hours even Tom Hooper can't fuck that up

whoops sorry forgot Geoffrey Rush sucks

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

1917 is all spectacle and no depth. It will scratch that itch for people looking for a war thriller that they haven’t had in a few years, which, sadly, may get it far.

Deakins should win and pretty much nothing else should be rewarded, considering the deep bench of contenders this year.

4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I like them both, and have some fondness for Shape of Water, but as far as films that are truly remembered for being the top of their year, it's Moonlight and then No Country. Mad Max and Basterds are the two that are probably remembered more than Hurt Locker (which I still really like) and Spotlight (which is solid enough)

phaynes12 likes this.
  5. flask

Trusted Supporter

Godzilla vs. Kong comes out this year.

EASheartsVinyl and oakhurst like this.
  6. yung_ting Jan 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 5, 2020)
    yung_ting

Trusted

if Parasite wins I will excitedly punch a hole in my wall like Adam Driver but happy

see y’all in a month

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m just picturing an incredibly serious and solemn film where lots of very important people keep scrambling to get things done in such a crisis and it all comes down to this speech to rally everybody but they’re constantly forgetting that the king is now a giant gorilla, but that doesn’t deter them. Masterful.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Joke of the night. I thought it was going to be Trump too, even funnier to reference Zuckerberg and The Social Network.

mad likes this.
  9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Actually like that 1917 won. It’s usually often that the films that win Picture at the Globes rarely win at the Oscars too, which makes me curious for Parasite, Marriage Story, and Irishman.

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

apparently thomas newman’s score is quite well thought of? i can’t imagine it being better than his cousin’s this year though

11. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

OhTheWater, mad and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  14. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Did Beyonce not stand for Phoenix's win for any particular reason, or is this just some dumb thing being blown out of proportion?

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

She didn’t want to encourage something so twisted and fucked up

16. phaynes12

wild to me that greta said it was her favorite movie she’s seen in a while. just imagining her and noah dissecting it positively hurts me.

domotime2 likes this.
  17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's pretty good (IMO not as good as TS4's). But I don't think touches Desplat's with "Little Women," which would be my pick.

Anthony_ likes this.
  18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Actors love acting showcases and movies that remind them of the movies they love. They also rarely openly disparage other movies.

phaynes12 likes this.
  19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve been thinking for a bit now what bugs me about Ricky Gervais and I think I figured it out. It’s his relentless cynicism. Something that doesn’t surprise me that Reddit loves but that we (or at least I) don’t need right now.

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Ricky Gervais has been dead inside since he stopped working with Stephen Merchant or maybe Merchant just got tired of him and went off on his own.

Either way, it's wild because those first couple of seasons of "The Ricky Gervais Show" were my first foray into podcasts and I loved how they burst with laughter and joy and making fun of Karl Pilkington.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  21. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Karl Pilkington is the best thing that’s ever come from Ricky Gervais.

22. phaynes12

newman's likely nom is for marriage story, fwiw

23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

100%. Desplat is one of the best in the business right now and the Little Women score is beautiful.

24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Ah fuck. That’s right.

25. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Very good news imo