Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

75th Annual Golden Globes Discussion • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by FrenzalRob, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Tom Hanks getting everyone drunk

2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I haven't seen The Post yet but I assume its screenplay was better than Three Billboards cuz I can't imagine how it'd be any worse

primavera and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

4. Anthony_

To be fair, it's probably impossible to tell how good a screenplay really is or isn't when it's being delivered by actors like Streep and Hanks haha

Garrett L. and kbeef2 like this.
  5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

It’s weird to award screenplays specifically, to send out screenplays for voters to read, because movies change so much when they’re actually shot that it’s basically impossible to tell for the most part what you’re awarding. I get it, though, and writers absolutely deserve recognition, but the way the rules are actually laid out and the process of sending scripts out for voting is laughable

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Edge of Seventeen wasn’t nominated!

Anthony_ and primavera like this.
  7. Anthony_

In practice, though, I'm assuming most people are voting on how it sounded in the final film, not necessarily based on the screenplay itself. At least, when they get to the general voting stage, if not in the nominations stage.

8. Anthony_

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  9. Nathan

I know, but the award is for best screenplay, not best film, and literal scripts are sent out to voters in whatever academies or guilds, and no one reads them haha. It deserves a category but there’s just a small disconnect

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Followed up LB by watching Edge again and no way!

primavera likes this.
  11. Anthony_

As much as I love Ewan, and his performances in Fargo, this was the one award I didn't want Fargo to win.

Kyle deserved it.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Never mad at Fargo getting credit

13. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

the worst actor of the worst season of fargo beat fucking Dale Cooper and YOUNG FUCKING POPE?!

14. Anthony_

Yeah of course. Although I will say, of all the categories the screenplay awards are the ones that the Oscars have been really solid about the last couple years. Especially Original. So as long as the most deserving films still win, I don't care how they vote lol

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Happy for Ewan but this was for my least favorite season. Patrick Wilson deserved it 2 years ago.

primavera and Anthony_ like this.
  16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Nice of Ewan to thank MEW considering she was THE BEST PART OF THAT SEASON and went completely unrecognized in every major awards show

Anthony_ likes this.
  17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Aren’t they dating?

18. Anthony_

Patrick Wilson was so underrated in Fargo S2. So much of the praise went (deservingly, of course) to Bokeem Woodbine, Jesse Plemmons, and Kirsten Dunst that I always thought he was sort of forgotten about. He really anchored that season.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  19. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

First Plemmons and Dunst, now Ewan and MEW? I guess Noah Hawley is just playing matchmaker

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Daniel Kaluuya looks so unhappy to be here lol

21. Anthony_

They definitely chose the most hilarious clips for Get Out, Nominee for Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman also briefly dated

kbeef2 likes this.
  23. Nathan

There should be a Lakeith Stanfield Awards, where we just give Lakeith Stanfield awards for all his roles because he deserves them.

Note: I haven’t seen and will probably never see Death Note.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Anthony_ like this.
  24. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

Maisel!

25. Anthony_

Shirley MacLaine did call him "Daniel Kahlua" earlier, so