Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

'68 - Two Parts Viper (June 2nd, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Mar 3, 2017.

1. AshlandATeam

Trusted

This thing is really something special. I've been a Scogin fan since 'Bless the Martyr' (the record which introduced me to heavy music), and I think this may be his best work. Really. 'One Wing' and 'The Fiancee' have company, and I wasn't sure that was possible after the Chariot broke up.

This man can do no wrong in my eyes. But this is a cut above his normal output.

(Apologies to their drummer, who's fantastic and literally 50% of the band, so I should probably give him more credit. But for me, I only know this band because of Josh, so I just lump all his work together.)

coleslawed and fronkensteen like this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Wasn't this supposed to be up on Apple Music? Is it on Spotify?

3. fronkensteen Jun 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 2, 2017)
    fronkensteen

Trusted

It's on Spotify.

I'm only two songs in and I'm loving it. Scogin really is something, man. Been listening to this dude for 15+ years and I love him. The drummer too :)

AshlandATeam and airik625 like this.
  4. fronkensteen

Trusted

Have they said where the name '68 came from?

5. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

It's on apple, but it's under a different artist profile than the first album

6. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Without Any Words is such an amazing song. That melody kills me.

airik625 likes this.
  7. airik625

By far my favorite '68 track.

Jakob Allen likes this.
  8. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I feel like it's a reference to a car. Or something silly like that.

I know I've read it in an interview or heard it on a podcast, and it wasn't significant enough for me to remember.

9. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

It's on Apple Music. Search 68, and then scroll down to albums under search results. I was nervous at first searching this morning for it.

10. airik625

I found it. Like someone else said, it's under a different artist. The first record was under the artist ’68, while this one is '68. It really bothers me haha.

nl5011 and AshlandATeam like this.
  11. Larry David

Yeah, it's bothering me seeing it like that on my library! My friends band lists one record as Sirens and Sailors and the other as Sirens & Sailors. Drives me nuts

12. airik625

Yeah The Sound of Animals Fighting is the same way. I would imagine Spotify has it labeled correctly, but I don't know. There's actually a lot I don't like about Apple Music. I'm hoping they update it soon, because not being able to see the full title and track length (without having to actually click play) is pretty frustrating.

13. Larry David

They also took out the song length on the tracklisting which they used to have. I liked having that.

14. airik625

Yeah they should have left it alone.

truelovewaits likes this.
  15. Larry David

This album is crazy good and I wasn't a huge fan of their first release

nl5011 likes this.
  16. airik625

I just wish it were more than 32 minutes long.

17. skoopy

Regular

Last song is killer.

MegT585 likes this.
  18. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

This is too good. I've probably listened to the entire album 7 times today.

19. Lucas27

Trusted

I actually said "wow" when the album finished.

fronkensteen and AshlandATeam like this.
  20. atlas

Trusted

This has fairly easily become my AOTY. Just punishing riffs and grooves on every track. The only one I'm not *super* into is Without Any Words but even that one is growing on me

AshlandATeam likes this.
  21. airik625

Without Any Words is so damn good though ha. I can see this making my top ten at the end of the year.

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I live in the UK and heard this song for the first time last night after another terrorist attack in London. These lyrics are very apt - it was a moving experience.

23. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Scogin kind of sounds like Keith on no apologies

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Whether Terrifed or Unafraid is, by far, the best hard rock song of the year

fronkensteen, MegT585 and airik625 like this.
  25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I like doing the chariot, but I never listened to '68 before today. I'm not typically a big fan of this style but something about two parts viper does it for me. Maybe it's just that josh is such a captivating vocalist, but I'm really enjoying this