Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Band CAMINO - The Dark (August 11, 2023) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cosmickid, Jun 26, 2023.

1. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

[​IMG]

Tracklist
    1. Told You So
    2. What Am I Missing?
    3. Save My Life
    4. Let It Happen
    5. It’s You (It’s You)
    6. Same Page
    7. See You Later
    8. Afraid Of The Dark
    9. Novocaine
    10. Three Month Hangover
    11. Last Man In The World

2. cosmickid

Latest single:

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

hm

4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I like it - underwhelming but enjoyable. I think I’ll employ this record more than the debut but still not as much as the OG eps and singles

5. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Subbing — haven’t listened to the new single yet but everything before that has been great

6. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Also props to them for getting Bad Suns as an opening act for their tour, as opposed to being the tour opener for Bad Suns

Matt Metzler likes this.
  7. Matt Who

Space Cadet Prestigious

Hoping there’s less of a cheesy factor here than on the last album. Tryhard EP is still my favorite from them by a mile.

zachmacD likes this.
  8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Band is extremely hit or miss at this stage. New album feels like it needs to be a step up

smowashere and earthlight like this.
  9. Jusscali

Unfortunately for you it seems like it will be more of the same but it seems like more hits so far.

10. cosmickid

this new single is leaning into the stuff i didn't like about the self-titled

the other 3 songs have me really excited!

11. jorbjorb

7 rings

subbing

12. Jusscali

I agree - it is leaning into that style but for all intents and purposes I think this song is a better version of that.

cosmickid likes this.
  13. Jusscali

Ending the album on last man seems…weird.

14. dogdad

Regular

I really loved their last album, I was convinced it was universally praised but it was also my intro to the band other than a couple songs off one of their EPs

15. zachmacD

Trusted

What am I missing? was a solid first single but these last three have done nothing for me. I'm removed from the scene nowadays and know noone who listens to these guys, but it seems like these venues are only a little bit bigger than the venues on their last headliner.

I might just be salty bc they are going in a direction I don't like, but it doesn't seem like they are living up to the initial hype they had back in the ep days. I'd love to hear someone elses thoughts on this

earthlight likes this.
  16. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I liked “What am I missing?” but they’ve essentially lost me otherwise. I don’t even remotely enjoy most of their newer material. Will probably check this out but not expecting it to do much for me.

17. cosmickid

i think you're absolutely right, the debut album didn't deliver on their early promise and certainly didn't elevate them in any notable way. they seem to alienate fans at every stage - as much as some of us miss the tryhard sound, a lot of their fans miss their more indie sound from before that record.

they also occupy a weird space between the scene and, like, full-on pop acts that i think makes it hard for them to be fully embraced by either. will be interesting to see what happens next for them

Paulms85, SEANoftheDEAD and Jusscali like this.
  18. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’ve never really thought of them as ‘scene’ as much as ‘alt pop’, which has a pretty decent market on its own. I think they have a non-zero chance of having a trajectory like someone like WALK THE MOON and having “What Am I Missing?” be their “Shut Up And Dance”, or more likely, something like lovelytheband/“Broken” or COIN/“Talk Too Much”, and sticking around as a recognizable band once they’re full on established as opposed to a buzzy new band

cosmickid and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  19. Jusscali

If Daphne didn’t break through I don’t think they have a chance at something much bigger

20. cosmickid

that’s fair, maybe they fit more under that umbrella. they’ve definitely toured with scene bands which i think muddles it a bit in my mind.

21. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Ordered the vinyl from the website, has a chance to be signed by the band…

22. Chance Harbour

Regular

bad suns and the wldlfe opening for them is awesome. gonna be a great tour.

Matt504 likes this.
  23. "I Think I Like You" was very big on Sirius IIRC.

Matt504 likes this.
  24. This is pretty fun on first listen. Very much in the The Faim/Walk the Moon/current The Maine vibe.

Summer-y pop. Still searching for the hit, but some good stuff here.

25. Matt Who

Space Cadet Prestigious

Looking forward to this tomorrow.