Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Local Natives - Time Will Wait For No One (July 7,2023) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 9, 2023.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Pretty excited for this!

3. somethingwitty

Trusted

Haven’t been a fan of some of the more recent loosies but excited for the record.

sophos34 likes this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I like the two from this year (including the one today) more than the two from last year

5. ScubaSteve182

Regular

Violet Street was phenomenal. Can't wait for this!

6. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Fantastic band. Excited for the record and tour!

7. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

subbed. the records usually do more for me than the one-offs, so I'm excited for this.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

NYE is fine but the three singles released last year are much better IMO. Either way; this was an immediate preorder as Local Natives are easily one of my favorite groups.

9. ScubaSteve182

Regular

I like NYE alot but now we have 4 out of 10 songs from the album lol I'll listen sparingly

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms May 9, 2023
    (Last edited: May 9, 2023)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I will say that I hate when bands release multiple singles a year prior to the record it will be featured on.

Desert Snow and Hourglass came out last Summer and then released Just Before The Morning a few months after. After NYE, we’re left with six new tracks so I do wish this album was longer but I’m stoked none the less.

ScubaSteve182 likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Exactly. Kind of a big bummer consider it’s been four years since Violet Street.. but at least we got that great Lemon EP too!

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Definitely here for the ride, very curious to hear how this one goes. I was pretty OUT except for a few songs on Hummingbird and the one with the flower pot, but Violet Street was a really strong return for me

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Love Sunlit Youth but Violet Street is where the band truly showed it’s strengths and potential.

Gooddayz and ScubaSteve182 like this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

IMO:

Violet Street > Hummingbird > Sunlit Youth > Gorilla Manor

Not sure where I would place Lemon EP but probably side by side with Sunlight Youth.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Gorilla > Violet >>>>>>>>>>>>

16. somethingwitty

Trusted

I actually enjoy Sunlit Youth the most, really sucks that they ignore most of those tracks live besides the singles. Villainy and Everything All At Once are two of my fav songs from them.

Bartek T. and mattylikesfilms like this.
  17. subbin

18. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

I'm not sure if I listened to the last one or not, but I'm subbing to this anyway

19. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Here for this. Still randomly get 'When Am I Gonna Lose You' locked in my head

20. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’ve been re-visiting Hummingbird quite a bit with the 10 year anniversary hitting and I’d LOVE it if they had a moment on this one where they let the rest of the band absolutely rip like they do on the back half of Bowery

Bartek T. likes this.
  21. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Hummingbird > Sunlit Youth > Gorilla Manor > Violet Street for me but they’re all good

22. pretty good first impressions of this"n

23. ScubaSteve182

Regular

Good to hear, I love everything I've heard thus far.

Carrow likes this.
  24. helps that I avoided the singles and am hearing everything in context

25. ScubaSteve182

Regular

Really enjoying Paradise. Beautiful song and obviously the last minute or so is awesome.