Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foo Fighters - But Here We Are (June 2nd, 2023)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by xburningcoffin, Apr 19, 2023.

1. xburningcoffin

KC

Can’t wait for this one, glad it wasn’t a long rollout. New song, Rescued, has the spirit of In Your Honor and has the likelihood to have the fire and purpose of the band’s best work.

Gianni likes this.

2. 1. Rescued
    2. Under You
    3. Hearing Voices
    4. But Here We Are
    5. The Glass
    6. Nothing At All
    7. Show Me How
    8. Beyond Me
    9. The Teacher
    10. Rest

Song is good, definite In Your Honor vibes which I appreciate. Very here for this and happy they are still a band. Album should be something special.

3. shea

RIP Supporter

Hell yeah.

Interested to see who plays drums on this if it was all recorded after Taylor. I assume just Dave if so.

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

But Here We Are is the new album from Foo Fighters, and marks the bands return after a year of staggering losses, personal introspection and bittersweet remembrances. A brutally honest and emotionally raw response to everything Foo Fighters have endured recently,But Here We Areis a testament to the healing powers of music, friendship and family. Courageous, damaged and unflinchingly authentic, the album opens with “Rescued,” the first of 10 songs that run the emotional gamut from rage and sorrow to serenity and acceptance, and myriad points in between.

But Here We Are is in nearly equal measure the 11th Foo Fighters album and the first chapter of the band’s new life. Sonically channeling the naivete of Foo Fighters’ 1995 debut, informed by decades of maturity and depth,But Here We Areis the sound of brothers finding refuge in the music that brought them together in the first place 28 years ago, a process that was as therapeutic as it was about a continuation of life.

5. TomG

Trusted Supporter

That was my first thought too

6. tomtom94

Trusted

I can't find anything except this bit in Variety:

I assume we will find out in due course, won't there be metadata and credits lists or something?

shea likes this.
  7. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I am so extremely here for this

8. abw123

Trusted

Last album was solid, but didn't really have any classic Foo singles. This is their best single since Sky is A Neighborhood

9. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Loved it, love where it seems the direction of this is going. I totally respect new Foo Fighters music, but it hasn't hit me anywhere near as hard as their 1997-2006 era.

I hear a lot of similarities in Rescued to the lead/title track of In Your Honor.

coleslawed and T E A L like this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

song is......alright. looking forward to hearing more though.

11. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

man just know that closer is gonna break me

if the pattern they've been on most of their career holds true I should love this, let's get it

12. Cmoney86

Trusted

New song is better then anything off of medicine to midnight

bd007h, T E A L and abcdefg123 like this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Wow. I LOVE this new song! Very In Your Honor-esque. An album that really hit me hard the past year.

14. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely feel the In Your Honor vibes.

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

In Your Honor is probably my least favorite FF album, so likely why this song is doing nothing for me.

I haven't been majorly into anything they've done since Wasting Light (which is my personal favorite FF album). I thought Medicine had some alright tracks but not something I ever go back to.

fredwordsmith and DooDooBird like this.
  16. J12

Trusted Supporter

Interesting, I thought this was just about the least interesting Foos single possibly ever. It's fine. Hopefully it grows on me. I wasn't particularly high on "Shame Shame" at release, either, but it grew on me.

17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Kind of feels like the most average Foo Fighters song in awhile. I liked the sound they were exploring with “Medicine at Midnight” way more than this.

18. I don't know, I appreciate a return to form sound after the last two-three records (which all had good-great stuff in pieces)

Aurora Fire and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  19. abw123

Trusted

Agreed, but also to add in - I think M2M as a whole album is considerably better than Concrete and Gold, which I consider by far their weakest album. Just felt half-baked to me. M2M just didn't have big singles like all the best Foo albums do have, that's what it was missing. Shame Shame was a very odd 1st single too.

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I contend that “Making A Fire” and “Love Dies Young” are top-tier Foo Fighters song. Them choosing “Shame Shame” was a bad choice.

fredwordsmith and Phantoms like this.
  21. "Making a Fire" is a great track

22. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

"The Teacher" clocks at 10 minutes 4 seconds long

23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Concrete and Gold is way better than Medicine y'all dreaming

24. Cmoney86

Trusted

track lengths
    1. Rescued (4:19)
    2. Under You (3:39)
    3. Hearing Voices (3:48)
    4. But Here We Are (4:43)
    5. The Glass (3:49)
    6. Nothing At All (3:27)
    7. Show Me How (4:53)
    8. Beyond Me (3:55)
    9. The Teacher (10:04)
    10. Rest (5:33)
    Total length: 48:08

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Very, very interested in what they're going to do with this one. Albums like this that have such a heavy context always make a little nervous going in but Dave is really good at getting emotions across in his music so I think this will be really good

Single is a typical Foo song but that's not a bad thing, I'm sure this is going to go a whole lot deeper, especially towards the end of the tracklist