Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nation of Language - Strange Disciple (September 15, 2023)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Apr 13, 2023.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

2. SEPTEMBER????

3. loved the last one so I'm here for this. September is a looong rollout though

4. JM95

Trusted

The last one was an even longer rollout I think. Seems to be their strategy.

cashlion likes this.
  5. JM95

Trusted

New single is great. Melodies and vocal production really hitting that sweet spot.

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Carrow likes this.
  7. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Album's out Friday!! New track out today is instantly in my top 5 from them, which is saying a lot. Love this band so much.

8. you vandal

Regular

Baffles me there is no discussion here about this. Great album.

9. I need to spend more time with this but I really liked my first listen. Friday was just a big release day.

10. Matt Chylak Sep 19, 2023
    (Last edited: Dec 3, 2023)
    Matt Chylak

it's excellent! definitely prefer it to A Way Forward, lots of great new sounds for them without sacrificing the catchiness of their debut. those washes of guitar on "Swimming In The Shallow Sea" remind me of Johnny Marr.

11. you vandal

Regular

Agree with you there - much prefer this to A Way Forward though that one grew on me a lot over time.

12. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I do love this band. I think Introduction remains my favorite, his lyrics were top notch on that one. I haven’t spent enough time with this one yet to determine if it’ll beat out the debut.

at any rate, whenever I listen to Nation of Language I do badly want another Static Jacks record.

you vandal likes this.
  13. Yeah, this is wonderful. Early favorites are Too Much, Enough and Sole Obsession.

Not sure if it will touch A Way Forward for me, which I adore. The run from In Manhattan to This Fractured Mind is perfect and the closer is a stunner.

I really hope to catch them live at some point. They were high on my list to see at Desert Daze last year but they conflicted with King Gizz who I wasn't going to miss a second of.

you vandal likes this.
  14. Matt Chylak

lmk if someone wants a free ticket to see Nation Of Language tonight in Philly

15. Matt Chylak

more people need to listen to this song

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious