Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Summerfest 2023 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Sutton Sabinash, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Sutton Sabinash

Regular

2. Sutton Sabinash

Regular

I believe this year is my first year of officially feeling ‘old’ when it comes to festival lineups. Between Coachella, Lolla, and now Summerfest, I’ve never had the needle moved less when it comes to attending.

I’m sure it’s just me, but as someone who still attends roughly a concert a week, I’ve been beyond bummed that these lineups haven’t made me interested at all in traveling for them.

I either don’t know the artists all together or don’t like them enough to warrant the travel as the acts I like I can seemingly see elsewhere throughout the year. Definitely disappointed regardless.

3. Cmoney86

Trusted

Yellowcard for $26 is a fucking steal compared to pit prices for all the other dates on the tour

earthlight likes this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Decent options this year.

Will most likely head up for Bleachers the first weekend. Not sure if I'll do Yellowcard here to save money, or in Chicago where it'll be a better experience, but I'm glad to have the option.

Fleet Foxes, Momma, and the Mountain Goats on the same stage is the most can't miss day for me though. I have to go to that.

If Odesza conflicts with Lana or someone super important at Lolla, then I'll probably come up for that too.

5. Sutton Sabinash

Regular

Solid point! This is the certainly the one that peaked my interest the most. However, also important to note that in order to get as close as you’d get for other cities pit tickets for $26, you’d need to be there pretty early. Plus, Summerfest having bleachers is also a different experience.

6. Cmoney86

Trusted

i think its depends on the stage if they have bleachers or not. i know the few times rise against have played they have been unlucky and played with a stage with bleachers

7. adcatalano

Regular

Annoyed at Flyleaf and Yellowcard being at the same time. And where is Braid?? Are they seriously not doing a Wisconsin date? I thought they’d be a lock for Summerfest

8. Sutton Sabinash

Regular

unless I’m having a senior moment, I’m 99% sure that every grounds stage at Summerfest has bleachers.

9. Sutton Sabinash

Regular

**unless you get VIP passes (which usually can’t be bought), as the last year or two they’ve actually created a pit area in front of the first row bleachers for a few stages. I saw TBS and The Band Camino last year w/ these.

but even this wasn’t relatable to a traditional pit. The energy in TBS’ was that of a small crowd who were given the passes. The first row was absolutely crazy (as it was made up of people who waited most of the day) and the pit area was people toe tapping sipping their beers.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Summerfest is one of those things where it's what you make it. Like of course it's not quite on par with the traditional concert or even festival experience, but it can be a great day as long as you know what you're getting into. You truly can't beat the price

Sutton Sabinash likes this.
  11. Sutton Sabinash

Regular

100%. Growing up in Milwaukee on a non-existent concert budget, there was nothing like it.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

And I really appreciate how they've actually filled out the days the last couple years. I really feel it used to be like local cover bands all day and then one big artist at 10 on all the stages. I never remember curated days like Mountain Goats -> Momma -> Fleet Foxes

13. Sutton Sabinash

Regular

that’s another great point. If you were lucky you’d get a halfway decent 8pm prior to the headliner.

14. adcatalano

Regular

As someone in the pit area for TBS, and who doesn’t exactly love crowds, it was perfect lol. I feel like I got the vip wristband as a complete fluke, was waiting in line for the amfam acoustic sets and someone started handing them out. How’d you get yours?

15. Sutton Sabinash

Regular

LOL let me clarify that I am not complaining either, just setting the expectation that it isn’t a ‘traditional’ pit.

That’s random how you got yours LOL. What acoustic set were you waiting for?

My buddy is a videographer for Summerfest so he gets passes to handout. He saved a few for me!

16. adcatalano

Regular

Stephan Jenkins (third eye blind). There’s some American family house venue that runs short acoustic sets. Someone from amfam started offering wristbands while we were lined up. If there’s any chance you can hook me up with 2 Yellowcard vip, let me know

17. Sutton Sabinash

Regular

Ahh I couldn’t get there in time for that last year! I actually caught the end of their set following TBS though.

Funny enough I found out I’m going to be in town (Milwaukee) at the end of June / early July for a buddies bachelor party, and another buddies Midwest tour, and I have July 1st open. I’ll definitely keep you posted closer to the date.

18. Ijazbuzdar

19. Don't know if I'll make it up there this year, but AJR with Carly Rae Jepsen is a fun headliner pairing.

20. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I'm surprised SoCo are not playing this

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

IMG_0314.jpeg

22. adcatalano

Regular

Probably will go 6/20 and 6/27.

6/20:
    taking back Sunday
    Winona fighter
    Better than Ezra
    Gin blossoms

6/27:
    Anberlin
    Hawthorne heights
    Boys like girls

23. I'm tempted to go on the 28th just to see Metric, the only other dates close to Chi on their tour are in Indy and Gary

24. Ijazbuzdar