Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Sleeping - I Feel Like I’m Becoming a Ghost (July 28th, 2023)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

zsoty27, Phantoms and Chcurry182 like this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Snagged the tri color variant - I hope this Kickstarter meets its goal!

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Interested

4. mattylikesfilms Mar 21, 2023
    (Last edited: Mar 21, 2023)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They’re already at 16k in backing - hell yeah! I hope they double their goal!

5. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

I am just happy that Doug is making music again. I was a big fan of The Sleeping especially their last album so new music is always welcomed. Backed the project as well. I secretly hope Doug will at some point make another record with Night Verses again too.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It always pains me that NV wanted to move forward without Doug. His vocals with their music is *chef’s kiss*

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the kickstarter method always kindaaaaaaa rubs me weirdly but they seem really devoted to making good on it all. looking forward to a ripper from them.

The Big Deep is such a great album.

zsoty27 likes this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I get what you mean about Kickstarter being somewhat sus sometimes but the dudes in The Sleeping are as sincere/honest as it comes! They’ve earned it and I’m super stoked it’s doing well!

Was listening to Big Deep last night and damn… so underrated. They actually played Boroughs of the Ocean at their Saint Vitus show!

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  10. holy shit WHAT

11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Their manager, Monika Ebly knows what she is doing too. She used to work at Victory in the heyday and then went to a major label. Considering the financial hole the band is in from Concord, I get this approach. The band needs to know it’s worth it to try and move forward.

Phantoms and mattylikesfilms like this.
  12. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I would expect represses of their albums and the band probably won’t see any of that money because of the debt figure Concord has for them from their Victory purchase.

Phantoms and NJPunkMusic like this.
  13. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

HELP! I immediately preordered the tri color the second the Kickstarter was announced. I want to add a poster to my pledge now, but I cant figure out how. And I dont want to drop my current order as the vinyl is now sold out.

14. I think you have to make another order with another email. A couple people had similar issues and they replied something of the sort on IG. Not convenient, but it seems like they had no clue how to fix this otherwise.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Just did this. Happy to support this band.

16. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  17. zsoty27

Also if you back their Kickstarter you’ll receive a new song(not the single they will release to the public later):

Anyone who donates to our Kickstarter before Saturday (April 8th) @ 11am will receive the new track.

We are beyond excited for this. We hope you enjoy ‘OCD’ off our new record, ‘I Feel Like I’m Becoming A Ghost’ - Out July 28th

18. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Cant wait for my vinyl and signed poster. Got that email about OCD and pumped. Hopefully they do some NYC shows. Long Island is a bitch to get to from NJ

19. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Backed. Nabbed a vinyl and I'm very excited.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  20. Iain

Regular

Wanted that signed drum head but dont ship to UK. Gutter!

SpeckledSouls likes this.
  21. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

How do you backers like the song they just released? The sound quality is really killing it for me. I'm hoping it just because of how it's streaming.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I came here to say the same thing. Sounds a little hallow in sound so hopefully it’s just streaming quality.

I imagine we will get digital downloads of the record and if there is an option to download it in lossless - it should sound better.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Song is alright - not blown away by it tbh but this isn’t a single so I’m fine with it.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  24. zsoty27

Reminds me much more of their early material and Night Verses’ latest record with Doug. Would have been maybe more happier with a continuation of The Big Deep sounf but it is what it is. We’ll see how the whole record sounds.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Mixed feelings on this. I just want another Questions and Answers record if I’m being honest with myself but I’m still happy to see them putting stuff out anyways.

NJPunkMusic likes this.