Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Celebrity Sightings

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Daniel, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

What famous people have you seen in the wild? Share the stories of your best celebrity sightings.

I once saw Mark Wahlberg walking out of an outdoor shopping mall. He was right next to us and I was trying to get my girlfriend's attention without being too obvious, when she finally realized who it was she got so distracted she walked into a car.

SpeckledSouls likes this.
  2. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

This is amazing.

I have met no one famous and I am not famous either so no one has a good sighting of me. Life is unfortunate.

WanderingSquall likes this.
  3. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Your story reminded me of this story about a George Clooney sighting.

Daniel likes this.
  4. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Neil Flynn once stopped into a Starbucks I was working at and I made his drinks. I also saw Pete from Chevelle there on occasion

Then one time, a couple friends and I stopped into a Whole Foods where Fabio happened to be promoting something. One of my friends ended up getting a picture with him

Daniel likes this.
  5. Morrissey

Trusted

I was in Venice, Italy the week of Thanksgiving 2013 and I was drinking a bellini at Harry's Bar, which is famous for being a favorite place of Ernest Hemingway. I'm at the bar so my back is to most of the restaurant, but I hear this very distinct voice in the crowd. I look behind me and at the biggest center table there is Verne Troyer eating spaghetti with a ton of people. When I tell the story to friends I say that I went up to him and asked when Austin Powers 4 is coming out but in reality I left and checked on Instagram to make sure it was him and saw he was posting photos of himself in Venice.

6. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I once saw Warren Sapp and Tony Dungy at a celebrity softball game in the late 90's.

GrantCloud and Daniel like this.
  7. devenstonow

Noobie

I once saw Frank Iero twice in one week when I worked at BJ's

Daniel likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Stephen Colbert at a Jeff Mangum concert

Daniel and Orla like this.
  9. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Steve Wilkos was once at a microbrewery in my town and people thought it was a pretty big deal.

Daniel likes this.
  10. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Also is this the place for general celebrity namedrops? Aaron from Underoath is my 2nd cousin on my mom's side. His mom and my mom are first cousins. I saw him at a funeral once when I was a little kid, but never met him beyond that.

Daniel likes this.
  11. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

My girlfriend and I were hanging out outside of the venue after one of the shows of Coheed's first Neverender, where we were standing you could see down the alley on the side of the theater where there was a backstage entrance. Usually the band would come out and shoot the shit with the fans and sign autographs, but who should walk out the door but Mr. Drive himself, Ryan Gosling. I swear it was like in Night at the Roxbury when they're describing seeing Emilio Estevez, he turned to us, doffed his little page boy cap and disappeared down the alleyway. Only we saw him.

chewbacca110 and SpeckledSouls like this.
  12. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Damn, this is a really good one.

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Summer 2010 I was at a diner on the Jersey shore with my family and I spotted Jon Stewart dining there with his family and family friends.

Summer 2016 I was in AC for my brother in law’s bachelor party and we got into a club and Ice-T turned out to be that night’s host and he did a few songs and Coco was there. A friend of my brother in law spotted him on the side and I took a pic of them two.

Ken and Daniel like this.
  14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

At one point when I lived in Charlotte I worked 3 jobs and I saw Dell Curry at each of them in one day.

GrantCloud and Daniel like this.
  15. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Saw Jason Sudeikis at an Overland Park-area movie theater years and years ago.

Paul Rudd was maybe 10-feet away from me on the field during the Royals World Series 2015 run. Believe it was the ALCS clincher.

16. Living in Nashville for 8 years meant running into musicians and some celebs was a somewhat common thing. The biggest two were Jack White at the Nashville airport waiting to board a flight to Detroit and Nicole Kidman at Whole Foods, who totally had me star-struck. I approached Jack and thanked him for the tunes and totally got the vibe that I shouldn't have lol.

17. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

My sister used to do equestrian competitions around Texas and I met Troy Aikman a few times at those because one of his daughters competed

Daniel likes this.
  18. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

If I were a celebrity (I'm not don't ask) and I were approached, I think I would handle it well for about the first couple months and then get very, very exhausted by it to the point I would be pretty irritable.

I love talking to people and strangers and just being nice to like people who are being nice to me, but I just couldn't handle being constantly pulled away from whatever I'm trying to do during my life.

That being said, I would go out of my way 1 out of every 2000 sightings to do something very memorable for the person.

cashlion likes this.
  19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Frank Stallone used to go over my mom’s house when she was little and play guitar with my uncle

riotspray and Daniel like this.
  20. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

In like 2016 on Halloween we were hopping around from place to place and ended up at this industrial club. My friends and I went to grab a drink at the bar and one of my favorite actors of all time, Luis Guzman, was right there. We partied with him (next to him lol) all night.

Then we again saw him at the Women's March along with Joseph Gordon Levitt and Paul Rust.

cashlion likes this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

did you ask him why he was following you?

22. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

This weirdly sounds creepy

SpeckledSouls likes this.
  23. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Ran into Batista at the airport

saw Christian slater at a bar/club in puerto Vallarta

Daniel likes this.
  24. bradsonemanband Feb 28, 2023
    (Last edited: Feb 28, 2023)
    I have a running list in my phone because for some reason, I run into quite a few... haha. Here's a few:

Travis Barker at his restaurant Crossroads in LA. I drunkenly asked him to pull up a chair and sit with me and my brother, but he said he was meeting people there so he couldn't sit with us (haha) and then he told me to order the chocolate bread pudding. So obviously I did. And then a little bit later he came back to our table and asked us if we liked it. Crazy haha.

That same night, in the same restaurant, my brother and I also saw Tobey Maguire. Also, we were sitting next to a woman who smiled at me and I recognized her but didn't know her name. So later I googled "big eyed actress" and BAM! There she was. It was Sarah Paulson.

I ran into Pauly Shore a few years ago up in Park City during the Sundance Film Festival at a Run The Jewels show in the basement of a restaurant. I heard his laugh from around the corner so I went over and gushed about my love for Bio-Dome and A Goofy Movie and got a picture with him haha. He held my hand.

Donny Osmond and I walked between the same cars at the same time in a restaurant parking lot, so there was an awkward "oops sorry!" moment there while we slid past each other.

While I was walking home from work one day, I saw Chris Shiftlet from the Foo Fighters outside of the hotel they were staying at here in SLC, the day before their show. I said hey and he said he was waiting for his Uber to take him somewhere to go skiing.

I ran into Bill Burr in France outside of the Notre Dame cathedral. I said "what are you doing here?!" and he said "the same thing you are! i'm on vacation!" haha.

I ran into Adam Scott at the Coliseum in Rome, and I was like "Adam Scott?? I'm a huge fan!" and he said (in his awkward judgy Adam Scott way) "Ummm hi?"

I saw Chad from NFG at Disneyland.

I played a show with Frankie Muniz's old band.

A couple of my friends and I saw Tom Green at a bar here in SLC and we ended up drinking and hanging out with him all night, and apparently kept him out so late that he ended up missing his radio interview the next morning... ha whoooops

Anyway... I run into famous people everywhere for some weird reason. That's only a few.

25. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

While all of those are cool, the Sarah Paulson sighting is wonderful. Love her.

bradsonemanband likes this.