Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movies your mom likes

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Halitosis Jones, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

What are your mom's favorites movies?

Mine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SpeckledSouls likes this.
  2. Morrissey

Trusted

Stepmom.jpg MV5BMjEzOTE3ODM3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzYyODI4Mg@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I already know all your mom’s favorite movies
    :eh::eh::eh::eh:

5. soggytime

Trusted

s-l1600.jpg

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  6. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

My mom doesn't watch a lot of movies/television, but she loves the Wizard of Oz.

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Mean Girls, Pitch Perfect, Mamma Mia, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, How Stella Got Her Groove Back, The Matrix, Diary of a Mad Black Woman…

Or, just like, whatever is on Hallmark at the moment.

8. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

My mom was always more of a Lifetime original person than a Hallmark original person

She likes the murder and intrigue more than the sappiness.

9. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

10. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Genuinely forgot Simon Helberg did things besides The Big Bang Theory

11. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i remember she loved this one when i was a kid

upload_2024-2-23_7-36-5.jpeg

13. Morrissey

Trusted

We saw Simon Birch in theaters back when it came out. We ended up reading the book in high school years later and they really dumbed it down for the film version.

SpeckledSouls and phaynes12 like this.
  14. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Moms love Oliver Platt

[​IMG]

SpeckledSouls and phaynes12 like this.
  15. Morrissey

Trusted

For a few years my mother would take us to see a movie every Saturday morning, but there isn't always a new kid friendly movie so I some really strange ones for a 10 year old to see. There was a Holocaust movie starring Robin Williams, a bunch of people in Ireland winning the lottery, some sort of You've Got Mail knockoff.

phaynes12 and Brother Beck like this.
  16. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Just from quick googling, the Robin Williams holocaust movie is Jakob the Liar ( 1999 ) and the Irish lottery movie is Waking Ned Devine ( 1998 )

My grandma would also occasionally take me to see non-kid friendly movies. Gladiator and The Sixth Sense being notable ones.

17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I'm pretty sure this is how my entire soccer team ended up going to see the 1993 version of The Three Musketeers with Kiefer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen, Rebecca DeMornay and... Oliver Platt!!!

(Not that it wasn't kid-friendly, more just that I can remember none of us really wanted to see it, and my coach didn't seem like he did either, but I'm assuming he must have made some commitment to taking the whole team to go see a movie and that one must have worked logistically.)

18. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

The Pursuit of Happyness, my god she was insufferable about it

19. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

My mom likes a lot of movies, a lot of obvious ones, so instead I'll share something I hope will be heartwarming.

Ever since I moved back in with my mom and brother, she's followed along with the MCU with me, which has been nice. She especially likes Loki.

She also is always confused why certain films get a negative reaction, which I suppose is just a result of her uncomplicated nature.

Long Century likes this.