Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

63rd Grammy Awards (2021)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Nov 23, 2020.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Nominees out tomorrow at noon EST! Decided to make a new thread for this year. Feel like there’s no standout who could sweep it all (except maybe The Weeknd?) so I’m really excited for it this year.

beachdude likes this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Predicting it right now: folklore wins and Taylor Swift becomes only the third artist ever (and the first woman) to snag Album of the Year three times.

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Really excited for this! So much amazing music has come out this year, I know I'm bound to be disappointed that not everything makes the cut, but hopefully enough good stuff gets acknowledged.

Expecting folklore to get an AOTY nom. Will also scream with happiness if Phoebe gets an AOTY nom. Feel like she's a shoe in for Best New Artist too. Could also see Mac Miller and JuiceWrld getting a few noms (would love Mac to get an AOTY nom too, Circles is amazing).
    I don't think The 1975 or Halsey have ever had an album nominated for a Grammy, expecting this to be their year (pop album and alternative).

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I think Phoebe will definitely get a Best New Artist nom but I don’t know if she will win. She’ll likely be up against Megan Thee Stallion and Doja Cat who have also had breakout years. I’d be down for either Phoebe or Megan.

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Does anyone have less of a grasp of what the word "new" means than the Grammys?

Huda, cherrywaves, Aregala and 5 others like this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm really hoping Mac gets a posthumous nomination, Circles is amazing

Huda, Matt Chylak and beachdude like this.
  7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

It still blows my mind that Circles was released this year. Such a great album.

Huda and Contender like this.
  8. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

BenSmith94 likes this.
  9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

10. best rock performance noms is a vibe!

11. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Phoebe already has 2 nominations, we're off to a good start.

Kinda upset about The 1975 getting snubbed.

13. feeling good about Phoebe not only getting a best new artist nom but also an album of the year nom

Fiona will hopefully be nominated in best song, best record, and best album

14. I think Phoebe could get a nomination in all four major categories

15. need Alfredo to win that best rap category

16. exile

17. fine line vs folklore is going to destroy twitter fandoms

18. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

weak list for rap albums

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

I wouldn't even know what category you'd put Mac's Circles, but he got snubbed in all R&B and Rap categories. Shame that they're gonna most likely ignore one of the years best albums.

20. folklore for AOTY

21. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Chika getting nominated for Best New Artist is such a lovely surprise

22. PauLo

43% Burnt

Ambrose Akinmusire getting a nomination is pretty cool. Freddie and Alchemist with nomination is great too.

FlyLo too!

23. lol how do you shut out Fiona Apple out of the big four?

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

I just realized that every nominee for Best Rock Performance is female. That's awesome!

25. one of the few cool things from this set of nominees