Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The "pitch a random TV/Movie idea" Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Halitosis Jones, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Halitosis Jones Jan 13, 2023
    (Last edited: Aug 1, 2023)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Pitch the most random tv or movie idea you can think of off the top of your head. Can be bad or good.

A Primetime network mockumentary workplace comedy, but as a multi-cam sitcom. You can see the camera crews following the characters in every scene, and the testimonial scenes are in third person.

2. The Studio 60-style behind the scenes version of this show.

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

New reality dating show: Who Wants to Marry Jerry Sandusky?

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

An Alvin and the Chipmunks movie where you can't hear the chipmunks sing or talk so David just seems insane, also they aren't cgi

This would also work with Garfield and Jon Arbuckle

GrantCloud, cashlion, Orla and 3 others like this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

America's Next Top Sex Offender
    Top Gear: Tesla
    Inside the Actor's Studio with Jared Leto
    The Real Housewives of Amarillo
    Confederate (HBO)

6. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

A Civil War set Yellowstone prequel titled 1863

Victor Eremita likes this.
  7. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Orla, CarpetElf and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  8. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

A show like White Lotus where rich people are on vacation but they just relax and enjoy themselves without drama

9. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

A prequel to Die Hard that is just about Family Matters cop

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I'd watch that.

11. Orla

Grown Ups 3

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  12. Orla

An Emily in Paris sequel series called Emily in Fort Wayne, Indiana

13. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

A movie about a comic book supervillain whose origin and/or existence is intricately tied to their arch-nemesis, except let's remove said arch-nemesis and just see what they do instead for a couple hours.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Orla likes this.
  15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

January 6? 2020??

That fake script is cursed.

Penlab likes this.
  16. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Monster: The Slobodan Milosevic Story, a Ryan Murphy limited series.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  17. Halitosis Jones Jan 15, 2023
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2023)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I kind of regret not making this just a general "pitch a reboot/remake/sequel/prequel" thread because now I have a tons of actual ideas for a hypothetical DHCU (Die Hard Cinematic Universe) lol

• A prequel about young John McClain as a rookie NYPD cop in the late 70's. It would basically be a subversion of the trope that the original created where it is the antagonist that is placed in the "die hard in a ____" scenario. A lone disaffected Vietnam vet hides out inside a police precinct or courthouse and starts taking out the cops one by one. Young McClain has to stop him. Essentially its "Die Hard meets First Blood" in grimey 70's New York
    • A prequel about the origins of the Gruber brothers in the criminal underworld of cold war era East Germany. Daniel Bruhl as one of the leads.
    • A crime comedy where after the events of Nakatomi Plaza Argyll gets hired as a driver for a hollywood fixer and gets in fun dangerous limo adventures in early 90's Los Angeles.

18. soggytime

Trusted

Forrest Gump 2 - a legacy sequel that has Forrest's son go through the 21st century. (Tom Hanks now plays a grown up Forrest Jr in the sequel) This includes digitally adding Tom Hanks running to footage of the world trade center collapsing on 9/11, as well as where Forrest Jr was on January 6th.

chewbacca110 and Halitosis Jones like this.
  19. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

This is funny considering there actually is a second Gump novel.

20. soggytime

Trusted

Yup i knew this. But that novel was written in 1995. My pitch is better

Halitosis Jones and Penlab like this.
  21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

A gritty crime drama prequels to home alone called bandits that explains Marc’s water related trauma that causes him to fixate on flooding houses

Orla and Penlab like this.
  22. soggytime

Trusted

The Rock rebooting Junior. Similar to Lebron thinking he had to make his own Space Jam, The Rock decides he needs to do Junior. Kevin Hart is in the Danny DeVito role.

Anyway, The Rock gets pregnant. Not only is the movie bad but he doubles down on the importance of him taking this role on instagram. The film bombs at the box office and the discourse is a nightmare.

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Girls.

Brent likes this.
  24. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

ChatGPT gave me these...

TV - A reality show about a group of people living in a house for several months, but instead of competing for prizes or money, they are competing for who can go the longest without using the bathroom. The show would be called "Hold it!" and would feature contestants experiencing intense discomfort and struggling to hold in their bowel movements while performing various physical and mental challenges. The last person remaining would be declared the winner and would receive a large cash prize.

Movie - A horror movie about a group of friends who go on a camping trip, but instead of encountering wild animals or supernatural beings, they are stalked and hunted by a group of sentient, man-eating picnic tables. The tables, who have been possessed by an ancient curse, are able to move on their own and relentlessly pursue the campers, using their built-in bench seats and table legs as weapons. The movie would be called "Table Terror" and would feature graphic and gory scenes of the picnic tables feasting on the hapless victims.

Penlab likes this.
  25. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I want this movie now. That's incredible.

Brent likes this.