Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

TGIF (ABC, 1989 - 2000) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Daniel, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Daniel Nov 24, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 26, 2022)
    Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

TGIF2.png

I thought it'd be fun to discuss the Friday night block of shows a lot of us grew up with.

What's your favorite of the staple shows? Best episodes? Shows you forgot even existed? Best characters? Most notable crossovers? Best Disney World episodes? Is Jaleel White the best physical comedic actor of all time?

Share your personal stories and favorites from the original run of the best night in television.

I remember falling asleep in front of the TV one Friday night and waking up just as they showed a preview for next week's episode of Family Matters where Stefan makes his first appearance. I spent the whole week not knowing if it was real or just a dream.

2. Boy meets world still holds up. Great show.

3. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

As a kid I didn't understand that the beach and water at the end of the opening of Step By Step was fake even though I had been on that rollercoaster dozens of times in my life. When my mom told me, I didn't believe her.

Zilla likes this.
  4. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

So many good memories of TGIF. Here's a post of mine back when Quarantine first started and I was stuck home on a Friday night.

Screenshot_20221125-120422_Facebook.jpg

Daniel likes this.
  5. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I’ve been rewatching Sabrina, and that show holds up surprisingly well. There are some unfortunate jokes and gags that haven’t aged well, but overall it’s genuinely hilarious and it gets way weirder at times than I remembered, haha.

Daniel and SpeckledSouls like this.
  6. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Totally forgot that in season 5 of Step by Step, after Sasha Mitchell got into some trouble his character Cody was replaced by a guy named Flash. Big downgrade.

900w-600h_03_48532_694.jpg

Zilla and Brent like this.
  7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Daniel likes this.
  8. The Emologist

Crusted

What an absolute fucking time to be alive. Boy Meets World and Family Matters were huge in my family. Carl Winslow may have been the only pure cop.

Brent, Zilla, NJPunkMusic and 2 others like this.
  9. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

ACABECW

AP_Punk, Brent and The Emologist like this.
  10. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Remember when Steve went under cover after that gang smashed up Rachel's restaurant, but Carl and his Lieutenant handcuff themselves together?

The Emologist and Zilla like this.
  11. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Carl on the treadmill bomb is classic.

Daniel likes this.
  12. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

hqdefault.jpg

Anyone remember Teen Angel? In the first episode a kid dies from eating an old hamburger and comes back as his best friend's guardian angel.

koryoreo and Brent like this.
  13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That was on the tail end of my watching TGIF. But I do remember that.

Daniel likes this.
  14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

upload_2022-11-26_23-39-11.jpeg

I was watching during the harrowing two-week run of “Aliens In The Family.” That’s when TGIF was really showing signs it was going downhill.

Daniel likes this.
  15. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Family Matters had some great Christmas episodes.

The one where Laura's guardian angel shows her what it would be like if she was Steve and if Steve was cool is hilarious. She does a great Urkle impression.

NJPunkMusic and Zilla like this.
  16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I do not recall Aliens In The Family.

SpeckledSouls likes this.
  17. fun thread! subbed.

I have one season left of my Boy Meets World rewatch. I've cried too many times throughout every season so far haha.

18. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

My girlfriend and I talk all the time about how Eric starts out as a normal ladies man older brother and then just gets progressively dumber and more and more insane as the series goes on.

Zilla, NJPunkMusic and The Emologist like this.
  19. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

This and then the Saturday morning lineup of Saved By The Bell, Hang Time, and California Dreams was the golden age

AP_Punk and Daniel like this.
  20. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

The Hang Time song still gets stuck in my head all the time.

AP_Punk and Nyquist like this.
  21. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I remember Jay Hernandez but completely forgot Anthony Anderson had been on the show

Daniel likes this.
  22. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Screenshot_20230116-200249.png

I love how Vader was just a recurring character on Boy Meets World.

23. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

As much as I love BMW, I think it's an amazing show, they really fucked up his character

Mcrx, Daniel and bradsonemanband like this.
  24. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Not quite The Bartman, but the Urkel was pretty dope. Then Steve got wasted off the punch.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  25. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Ha, I was urkle for halloween in 2nd grade, 1991. Legend

Demetritheandroid likes this.