Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

August Burns Red- Death Below (march 24th 2023)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Cmoney86, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Cmoney86 Nov 1, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2022)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

RPDuiU_pzNc.jpg

1.Premonition
    2.The Cleansing
    3.Ancestry (feat. Jesse Leach)
    4.Tightrope (feat. Jason Richardson)
    5.Fool’s Gold in the Bear Trap
    6.Backfire
    7.Revival
    8.Sevink
    9.Dark Divide
    10.Deadbolt
    11.The Abyss (feat. JT Cavey)
    12.Reckoning (feat. Spencer Chamberlain)

first single out thursday

WanderingSquall likes this.
  2. himynameisdakota

Regular

Super excited to hear the track with Spencer. I didn’t hate Guardians but to me it was a step back from Phantom Anthem. Hopefully this resonates with me more.

Phantoms and WanderingSquall like this.
  3. this is their best record in years

Phantoms likes this.
  4. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

can't even pretend to care about this band anymore tbh

5. bransco2010

this band is so good. i really hope this record is as heavy as the title/art/track titles imply.

6. trevorshmevor Nov 1, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2022)
    Hmmm how many years are we talking, this is an important distinction lol

waking season likes this.
  7. I don’t really ever listen to this band anymore, and when I do it’s hard to disassociate from them backing Tim Lambesis. But they do hold a special place in my heart from my youth and I’ll probably check out anything they do at least once. I’ve got a strange pattern for liking every other album they put out, so if the trend follows then I’ll probably dig this

8. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

i saw these dudes like 15 times live over the past 9-10 years and at some point i just completely checked out on all of their music. no idea what happened, they just don't interest me at all anymore.

9. OptionParalysis

I really haven’t been into anything since rescue and restore…which was now a decade ago. Hoping this can get me back into it.

buttsfamtbh likes this.
  10. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I think the problem is that every album of theirs is good, but they all kind of sound the same.

11. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

the last one that sounded unique was maybe rescue and restore

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

[​IMG]

Leftandleaving and Phantoms like this.
  13. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Guardians might be my favorite from them. Excited for this. Artwork looks like it was made by one of those AI photo combination generator things.

14. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

it was

Supernova likes this.
  15. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

16. …it’s an August Burns Red song, haha. The riffs remind me more of Rescue & Restore than anything else they’ve put out, which bodes well for where they’re at creatively on this record. Single’s not very exciting as a standalone track though, this is definitely just a song we’ve all heard before

17. Cmoney86

Trusted

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

they have 2 songs on this over 7 minutes long

19. Cmoney86

Trusted

Backfire is the next single. Out on the 25th

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

21. himynameisdakota

Regular

This is reallllly good. I’m not sure why I expected anything less from these guys.

22. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

at this point its impressive(?) that they flat out refuse to progress their riffing capabilities

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  23. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Honestly, I find it so incredibly disappointing how little they've changed since the beginning. Thrill Seeker was a game changer for me when it came out and they've had killer albums/songs here and there since. But man 18 years later and the albums all sound like b-sides for one another, it's kinda shocking.

Their Christmas album is an annual tradition, though. My most played holiday album every year haha.

24. It's odd how they're still giving most of what I've would've wanted from them and that type of metalcore back in the day, but it just doesn't click for me in present days. I'll always have fond memories of their stuff up until Leveler, but anything past that has felt so... redundant. They peaked at Constellations for me. There were some proggy Misery Signals vibes on that record and it feels like they never really expanded on those afterwards.

waking season and trevorshmevor like this.
  25. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked Rescue & Restore

buttsfamtbh and trevorshmevor like this.