Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bamboozle 2023 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by theasteriskera, Oct 17, 2022.

1. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

What we know so far.... (I'll add more in when I get down time at work)

Dates: May 5-7, 2023
    On sale: 11/25/22 at 12:00 pm EST
    Tickets on sale: Black Friday (11/25/22)

According to their Instagram, they'll have Esports gaming & Bboy dancing competitions??

They've also mentioned on Instagram that they'll have hotel packages when tickets go on sale

2. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

If their post from an hour ago is accurate, they’ll be releasing the lineup BEFORE tickets go on sale on Black Friday

1E03A2E5-000C-47B0-93A6-9C4B68C68ED7.jpeg

3. Cmoney86

Trusted

It will be Tuesday of that week

theasteriskera likes this.
  4. Cmoney86

Trusted

“Our announcement is set for Tuesday, Nov. 22nd with VIP and weekend passes going on sale Friday, November 25th, 2022.”

taken from a post in another thread

5. nsgob22

Newbie Supporter

Thanks for posting!

I booked an Airbnb for the weekend. I am in Seattle and will meet up with family on the east coast, and then a few of us will go to the festival. Seeing a bunch of festivals release lineups I am hoping Bamboozle stacks up.

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i am very cautiously anticipating the lineup announcement

7. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I finally live in Jersey & it'll be my first Bamboozle/Skate & Surf.... but with Adjacent being a couple weeks later & knowing the artists who have shared that, I'm feeling a bit less excited for Bamboozle than I was previously

Brian Schantz likes this.
  8. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Totally missed this thank you so much!!

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

well, my cautious anticipation has more to do with wondering if one specific band will be making a comeback appearance at this festival.

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Looking forward to seeing what they pull out, but the downside is Adjacent being three weeks later and only realistically being able to attend one or the other.

11. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

From John D’Esposito’s personal fb:

Bamboozle 2023 Update:

Boozlers, it's getting closer and closer to the lineup reveal and the onsale. We are soooo excited!

I wanted to give everyone an update.

It looks like there are going to be a bunch of festivals playing in Atlantic City 2023. This is so good for the market and through strong entertainment and programming, Atlantic City will become a destination, making the city festival friendly while offering convenience to the fans, from transport to lodging.

Bamboozle 2023, will relaunch a festival that for 12 years, was one of the best artist development platforms, festival experiences and host to so many of today's hottest artists.
    The programming was diverse, covering all scenes, cultures and host to multiple popular attractions - from amusement rides, iconic break dance competitions and so much more, all set in a carnival setting. It never made sense, but it did.

So.....starting the relaunch we faced very tough decisions on how we were going to comeback. We had to make painful decisions and to pass on so many incredible submissions, as our goal was to celebrate our past, but move forward with a diverse lineup. We didn't want an "emo" festival, there's enough of them and a party named the same every weekend in every city. We didn't want to be the Warped Tour, we wanted to come back as Bamboozle. We left Asbury Park with one of our most diverse lineups....from Foo Fighters, Mac Miller (RIP), Skrillex, Bon Jovi, MCR and The Gaslight Anthem, we had it all covered. Young artists like ASAP Rocky, Big Sean, Machine Gun Kelly, Action Bronson, Wiz Kalifa, Sammy Adams and others we popping up on our hip hop stages.

Bader Field was chosen for a few reasons. Location, Accomodations, Airport, Train and for our ability to offer an incredible "festival experience." We crammed you on a beach in Asbury Park for a weekend, and for that I apologize. This years experience is going to be our focus, festivals are struggling around the country cause they all share the same big name acts and half the undercard, you've never heard of. Plus some don't offer much beyond music, art and vendors. Bamboozle 2023, will offer a "true" festival experience.

This is a massive party, 10 years in the making. You think we not coming back hard? Your wrong....

The world's largest Tik Tok and Break Dance Competitions will take place in the Arena. E-Sport and Gaming will makes its debut featuring Pro Gamers vs. the bands and the fans. There will be a massive vendor village and food court. We are inviting the BEST food trucks and carnival food vendors to Atlantic City, NJ. And for our wrestling fans.....Welcome GameChanger Wrestling. We are creating a backyard battlefield for some of the most violent wrestling matches NJ has ever scene. I am so excited to reunite the the GCW crew. Ohhh.....and for our loyal NJ fans, GameChangerWorld Snack Bars will have two locations for those who miss the hot pretzels, cookies, churros and chicken nuggets from our legendary Howell, NJ location.
    There will be four amusement rides - Ferris Wheel, Bumper Cars, Seven Seas and RoundUp will all be on site, free to all our fans, all weekend long. We will also be creating & adding attractions
    up through day of show. Lots of clowns....but only our "Boozle" represents Bamboozle. There will ample shade, grass areas, help and info stations plus a "Quiet Tent."

Our lineup is stacked. Our undercard is super impressive. We got rock and hip covered, we're going to host some incredible "emo"reunions, we will go hard and heavy in metal but will introduce a new "HeartBreak" stage to host all our pop and buzz bands.

This lineup represents the future of Bamboozle.

Booking the bands is easy, creating an incredible experience is the hardest but most rewarding part of the project. The creatives behind this festival, from the website to the public stock offering for fans to buy shares of Bamboozle, making us the first "fan-owned festival - are pushing to limits no other music festival has yet to attempt.

We are pushing technology to the limits and have a global strategy that delivers Bamboozle Festivals to Australia, South Korea and Japan starting in 2024.

The 20th Anniversary returns on Friday, May 5th, 2023. I invited some of the best partiers in the world to join us for "Cinco De Mayo"...

Our announcement is set for Tuesday, Nov. 22nd with VIP and weekend passes going on sale Friday, November 25th, 2022.

Make sure to follow me on instagram @thejohndoffical. Pay attention to some of my follows!!!!!

Lastly. Prepare for your minds for a test, we are going play around and you will enjoy every minute of it.

Dale!

John D.

12. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I’m also including his update from August 11, which talks stage specifics as well as number of artists & reunions

HERE WE GO.

Bamboozle Festival Notes.

Here's some info I hope you will find helpful and interesting.

- Only clear backpacks and bags will be allowed in. Of course we will have amazing clear bags available in our merch store!
    There will be a bag check at front gates if you would like to check your bag in.

- Security - we are going to be EXTREMELY strict on all aspects of security and safety. Our security plan will be executed as written. Your safety is my biggest concern. I have planned two Safety and Info stations. You can go to these stations if you feel unsafe, need medical attention, want a schedule or a free hug.
    These stations will be connected to all local emergency agencies on the site and within the Atlantic City area. From Suntan Lotion to a band aide, these stations are there for the fans.

- Lockers, with charging stations inside will be available for daily and weekend rentals.

- Unlimited Internet will be available for fans who add the package to their carts.

- There will be a "quiet" area for fans to have shade and a space to rest. Nice tent with space to relax.

Tentative Event Hours:
    - Friday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
    - Saturday: 2:00PM - 11:00PM
    -Sunday: 2:00PM - 11:00PM

(VIP will enter at least 1 hour before gates open)

Parking & Transportation Service:

Daily On Site Parking Will Be Available
    Shuttle Service From All Major Hotels
    to the Bader Field Festival Site will be available.
    Taxi, Uber & Lyft, Drop Off will have access to the drop off & Pick Up. Designated areas will be labeled for each. The shuttles will run daily.

-Seven Stages: Two Mains, One Side, Two (Saints and Sinners)
    Party Stage and the Digital & Gaming Arena Stage. (Each stage will have its own name - it's just too early for that)

-Over 100 artists, bands and performers over the three days.
    Six very cool REUNIONS....and more to come.

-Break Dance Competition - The Best B-Boy & Girls in the world will battle for $25,000 in cash, prizes and sponsorships.

-Four "FREE" Amusement Rides: Ferris Wheel, Bumper Cars, Roundup and Seven Seas. Unlimited rides, all day - everyday.
    Height Requirements & Safety strictly will be enforced.

-Pro Wrestling and some Backyard ballyhoo daily. We were the first to have wrestling incorporated into a music festival. Lots of violence this time around.
    -Professional Gaming: We are building a digital and gaming arena to house esport competitions, along with live performances by some of your favorite musical avatars. We have invited the top gaming teams to compete at Bamboozle 2023. There will be a very big prize attached to this tournament.

-We will unveil our new logo and introduce two new clowns, plus the Mayor Penny Bag around Halloween. Ticket information will also be made available.

Linc's Special Guest Podcast is going to ramp up and start a monthly show that will be cover all info like the above, have some artists drop in and have reverse interviews.

Our website is working title is "our space". We started this festival on this old social media platform called MySpace, so we decided to bring this event back to its roots, but just make it all about Bamboozle and our fans. The same look and all the same features. This is going to allow me to play with the fans, hints, clues and some really cool digital is about to enter your life. I'm gonna have fun with each and everyone of you!

hope I can create one of the best weekends of your life. We are going to turn back the clock, but move it forward.

I read all your posts, comments and love hearing you talk about what you would want the festival to have. Keep posting and make sure to follow me @thejohndofficial - I'm gonna drop stuff on my socials before anyone else can it - including the lineup. I want to learn for you guys - keep teaching me!

Your now plugged in.

Hope this gets you a little excited.

Hugs & High Fives!
    John D.

13. Tifoil

ñ

I feel one of those reunions will be Brand New

Rmourz likes this.
  14. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I think Chiodos might be another one

Rmourz likes this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

This was the band i was referencing above, hence my anxious/cautious anticipation.

16. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

John said in an interview that he tried to get them for '23 but they said no. "It's not time yet."

Emokid79 and Tifoil like this.
  17. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I thought it was never supposed to be time again

Pokinatcha Punk likes this.
  18. Cmoney86

Trusted

There’s a countdown clock for adjacent that runs out Monday. Crazy they will beat bamboozle to an announcement by 3 weeks

19. Maddy

Regular

You, I and everyone else knows money talks

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

As I sit here finally listening to The Moon is Down on vinyl, I’m thinking maybe Further Seems Forever with Chris is one of these reunions. I would love to see it again.
    First time I saw them was at Bamboozle 2005 (crazy that for that reunion they had only been apart for 5 years. Felt like an eternity back then!)
    Then I saw them reunite again at Bamboozle 2011. There was talks of them doing something again after the 20 year anniversary of TMID last year.

fowruok likes this.
  21. Maddy

Regular

So whos headlining this thing? Assuming everyone at Adjacent is out...I'm guessing Gaslight Anthem? MCR?

22. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

Could easily see Green Day being the headliner. Never played Bamboozle before and I believe John D have tried to get them in the past.

23. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Adjacent is clearly very good, but there's not enough there to make me pull the trigger. I hope them releasing the lineup gets us the Bamboozle lineup a little sooner

alkalinexandy likes this.
  24. Maddy

Regular

Love the Facebook trash talk from John D haha...let's see him back it up....as much as I love Green Day their live show has not changed in the last 10 years....it is an incredible fun time for anyone who has never seen it but once you've seen it once or twice I think it loses it's appeal a bit

MysteryKnight and theasteriskera like this.
  25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Maybe I'll be wrong but I just dont think John D can afford Green Day anyway. This may have the Bamboozle name but it's no longer backed by Live Nation. Their budget is not gonna be as big as it was.
    He'll snag My Chemical Romance. I dont know why but that feels like its happening. But I could see the other two headliners being like Weezer and Skrillex.