Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Adjacent Festival (Atlantic City) Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Mister Lyrical, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Mister Lyrical Oct 11, 2022
    (Last edited: Oct 25, 2022)
    Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

May 27th and 28th 2022 in Atlantic City, presented by LiveNation.
    Lineups will be different each day as Blink has a different show on May 27th.

Attached Files:

2. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Please let Turnstile be playing this

333 GANG likes this.
  3. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Imagine it’s MCR playing a date

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Very well may hit this instead of a blink arena show if true

5. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

It's weird that this and Bamboozle are going to be taking place within weeks of each other. I imagine that I'll do one, but probably not both.

theasteriskera and MysteryKnight like this.
  6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Wait fheres really this and bamboozle?

7. Brian Schantz

Live nations way of getting back at John D

theasteriskera likes this.
  8. michael_gatto

Trusted

Curious if Frank following means MCR or LS Dunes. MCR feel almost too big to play this, but I could be wrong.

also curious if Vinnie following means Movielife or Avalanche. Maybe both?

Mister Lyrical and Brian Schantz like this.
  9. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Imagine if LN was actually doing this out of spite. I mean, Bamboozle has been teasing a comeback for years now, so that’s enough time for LN to orchestrate a different festival and steal a bunch of bands Bamboozle might’ve wanted

alkalinexandy and Brian Schantz like this.
  10. michael_gatto

Trusted

Adjacent Fest is now following LS Dunes, Pinkshift, the Movielife and TSL

11. hypernermalization

Don't know how entirely credible my sources are (I feel okay about them but you know, it's friend of a friend), but some acts I've heard rumored for this, in addition to the bands that have been listed here already:
    - Jimmy Eat World
    - PUP
    - Jeff Rosenstock
    - Coheed

Also heard that while still male dominated, you'll see a bit more gender balance than WWWYF

333 GANG likes this.
  12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yohohooo JEW would be hype. Their Instagram also posted a picture of a turnstile soooo

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hope this announces next week

333 GANG likes this.
  14. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

With WWWY 2003 tickets going out today I would imagine that we would get a lineup soon.

15. tonyt3524

Regular

Turnstile?!?!

333 GANG, Joshua and Mister Lyrical like this.
  16. Tifoil

ñ

I like that they tagged chorusfm in the photo.

Localman likes this.
  17. marceting

Trusted

I wrote on their Instagram the other day Blink and Paramore were playing and they deleted it 3 separate times lol

18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Blink, Paramore, and Turnstile on the beach ALONE is enough for me to want to fly out for this.

333 GANG and MysteryKnight like this.
  19. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

weird that Bamboozle are teasing it too tho

20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They're not really teasing it. It's a sarcastic dig at Adjacent because John D thinks he has dominion over rock festivals in Atlantic City.

earthlight, Mtlman1331 and ramres like this.
  21. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Talked to a buddy of mine that books in Philly and he said he heard Adjacent is Blink and Paramore and Bamboozle has MCR, Taking Back Sunday, and Midtown

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  22. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Is booking TBS a brag?

smowashere likes this.
  23. Mtlman1331

Trusted

that’s just what he heard, obviously there is a second big headliner there. TBS at this point would be the band before the headliner or something.

24. marceting

Trusted

I’m on mobile but I’ll share what John from Bamboozle wrote on his Facebook two days ago:

Bamboozle 2023 Update:

Boozlers, it's getting closer and closer to the lineup reveal and the onsale. We are soooo excited!

I wanted to give everyone an update.

It looks like there are going to be a bunch of festivals playing in Atlantic City 2023. This is so good for the market and through strong entertainment and programming, Atlantic City will become a destination, making the city festival friendly while offering convenience to the fans, from transport to lodging.

Bamboozle 2023, will relaunch a festival that for 12 years, was one of the best artist development platforms, festival experiences and host to so many of today's hottest artists.
    The programming was diverse, covering all scenes, cultures and host to multiple popular attractions - from amusement rides, iconic break dance competitions and so much more, all set in a carnival setting. It never made sense, but it did.

So.....starting the relaunch we faced very tough decisions on how we were going to comeback. We had to make painful decisions and to pass on so many incredible submissions, as our goal was to celebrate our past, but move forward with a diverse lineup. We didn't want an "emo" festival, there's enough of them and a party named the same every weekend in every city. We didn't want to be the Warped Tour, we wanted to come back as Bamboozle. We left Asbury Park with one of our most diverse lineups....from Foo Fighters, Mac Miller (RIP), Skrillex, Bon Jovi, MCR and The Gaslight Anthem, we had it all covered. Young artists like ASAP Rocky, Big Sean, Machine Gun Kelly, Action Bronson, Wiz Kalifa, Sammy Adams and others we popping up on our hip hop stages.

Bader Field was chosen for a few reasons. Location, Accomodations, Airport, Train and for our ability to offer an incredible "festival experience." We crammed you on a beach in Asbury Park for a weekend, and for that I apologize. This years experience is going to be our focus, festivals are struggling around the country cause they all share the same big name acts and half the undercard, you've never heard of. Plus some don't offer much beyond music, art and vendors. Bamboozle 2023, will offer a "true" festival experience.

This is a massive party, 10 years in the making. You think we not coming back hard? Your wrong....

The world's largest Tik Tok and Break Dance Competitions will take place in the Arena. E-Sport and Gaming will makes its debut featuring Pro Gamers vs. the bands and the fans. There will be a massive vendor village and food court. We are inviting the BEST food trucks and carnival food vendors to Atlantic City, NJ. And for our wrestling fans.....Welcome GameChanger Wrestling. We are creating a backyard battlefield for some of the most violent wrestling matches NJ has ever scene. I am so excited to reunite the the GCW crew. Ohhh.....and for our loyal NJ fans, GameChangerWorld Snack Bars will have two locations for those who miss the hot pretzels, cookies, churros and chicken nuggets from our legendary Howell, NJ location.
    There will be four amusement rides - Ferris Wheel, Bumper Cars, Seven Seas and RoundUp will all be on site, free to all our fans, all weekend long. We will also be creating & adding attractions
    up through day of show. Lots of clowns....but only our "Boozle" represents Bamboozle. There will ample shade, grass areas, help and info stations plus a "Quiet Tent."

Our lineup is stacked. Our undercard is super impressive. We got rock and hip covered, we're going to host some incredible "emo"reunions, we will go hard and heavy in metal but will introduce a new "HeartBreak" stage to host all our pop and buzz bands.

This lineup represents the future of Bamboozle.

Booking the bands is easy, creating an incredible experience is the hardest but most rewarding part of the project. The creatives behind this festival, from the website to the public stock offering for fans to buy shares of Bamboozle, making us the first "fan-owned festival - are pushing to limits no other music festival has yet to attempt.

We are pushing technology to the limits and have a global strategy that delivers Bamboozle Festivals to Australia, South Korea and Japan starting in 2024.

The 20th Anniversary returns on Friday, May 5th, 2023. I invited some of the best partiers in the world to join us for "Cinco De Mayo"...

Our announcement is set for Tuesday, Nov. 22nd with VIP and weekend passes going on sale Friday, November 25th, 2022.

Make sure to follow me on instagram @thejohndoffical. Pay attention to some of my follows!!!!!

Lastly. Prepare for your minds for a test, we are going play around and you will enjoy every minute of it.

Dale!

John D.

MysteryKnight likes this.
  25. marceting

Trusted

That was long as fuck, I apologize