Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Petey

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ncarrab, Sep 16, 2022.

1. ncarrab Sep 16, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2022)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Probably more known for his social media presence, but he's a great artist. Formally the drummer of Young Jesus. Has two solo albums (Lean Into Life, Other Stuff) and a new single, "Big Bad"

Going on tour with Manchester Orchestra this fall, and has a headlining tour as well.

Dude rules!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXDs7Apxuqg

[​IMG]

2. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

DON’T TELL THE BOYS

JoshIsMediocre and ncarrab like this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Hoping he upgrades the Cleveland venue as he just did for Dallas. Otherwise, I'm gonna spend quite a bit off Stub Hub for The Grog Shop show.

4. contra11mundum Sep 16, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2022)
    contra11mundum

I recently moved from Cleveland, but I was able to snag two tickets for Grog Shop so I’m coming back for that. I wouldn't be surprised if they upgrade to Beachland or something.

ncarrab likes this.
  5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Great dude

ncarrab likes this.
  6. Jim

Trusted Supporter

his instagram is the best follow

Frinet42, coleslawed and ncarrab like this.
  7. SAY YOU WANNA PITCH A FIT YEAH HUUUUHHHH

Surfwax, ncarrab and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  8. Madmod

Lurking

Love Petey

ncarrab likes this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Echoing the Petey love. His newest song is the bomb

ncarrab likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Damn, I started reading this and thought you were going to offer me your two tickets, haha. Yeah, I'm gonna find a way in that show no matter what. Me and my buddy from Columbus already said we'd each be fine going in on $100 each if we have to do Stub Hub. I'm shocked it hasn't been upgraded yet. It's been sold out for a month and we're still 2+ months away from the show.

contra11mundum and Jacob Tender like this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I have Big Bad linked in the first post, but for some reason it's not embedding...is there a max of videos that can be embedded into one post?

Also, is it just me or is Big Bad in a TV show or something? The Bear, maybe? I swear when my friend told me about Petey for the first time two months ago, I had definitely heard Big Bad somewhere. It's been bothering me since.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I was so confused about Petey when my friend first told me about him a few months ago. I loved the music but then I checked out his Instagram & was like, wait, this dude has 500K followers and then I realized none of it was about his music.

I was actually kind of turned off at first because I didn't know if he was a social media star turning musician or musician who just became really good at social media. Not sure why, but I'm kind of glad it was the latter.

13. contra11mundum

Haha sorry!!

ncarrab likes this.
  14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I actually followed him forever not knowing he was a musician, so I was the opposite haha. I only checked his music out after I saw he played lollapalooza.

Frinet42 and ncarrab like this.
  15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Petey rules. Lean Into Life was one of my favorite releases last year. And that was before I knew it was the dude from TikTok!

SAB22 and ncarrab like this.
  16. SAB22

adulting22.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Someone told me to check petey out early this year/ last year in the weatherbox thread…I owe whoever you are, haven’t stopped listening since then. One of my favorite albums for sure. Seeing him in Boston in November and can’t fucking wait!

OotyPa and ncarrab like this.
  17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Ended up buying a $75 ticket off StubHub for last night's show and it was worth every penny.

This dude is epic.

contra11mundum likes this.
  18. contra11mundum

It was a fantastic show

ncarrab likes this.
  19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Need more Petey

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

He said last night he's recording a new album. Played a new song, as well.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Saw him tonight, mostly cus Oso Oso was opening but I was also excited to see Petey. The band was great and it was such a great vibe in the crowd. Such a bro-y crowd but in the most wholesome way

22. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

I must have missed this thread back in September, I’ve been thinking about making it myself for months haha. I am fucking obsessed with this dude’s music, it just hits some perfect spot for me with its energy and how melodic seemingly every song is. I am almost positive my Spotify wrapped is going to be the first 5 songs of LIL with maybe Haircut or Big Bad swapped in for California.

And while I think you have to enjoy or swallow some of his inherent goofiness, he writes such wonderfully relatable lyrics. Big Bad, More to Life Than Baseball, Microwave Dinner kinda headline that for me.

Couple other thoughts: I said in the Blink thread once that Big Bad feels like the best Blink song in 20 years and I stand by it, feels like such a modern Dude Ranch or Enema song to me. I also came to his music through his videos and it was so nice to see him live and realize he’s exactly like his characters in real life.

Puff Sullivan, he’s all analog, baby.

ncarrab and Cameron like this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Long live Petey

24. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Damn, anyone know where to find this bad boy on vinyl?

25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Bandcamp lol