Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Final Four: (7) Jimmy Eat World - Futures vs. (27) Weezer - Weezer (The Blue Album) Bracket

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by phaynes12, Sep 12, 2022.

?

Which album should advance?

Poll closed Sep 18, 2022.
  1. Futures

58.2%
  2. Weezer (The Blue Album)

41.8%
  1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

The final four is here at long last. What album will come out on top?

NOTICE: PLEASE DO NOT VOTE UNLESS YOU'VE HEARD BOTH ALBUMS. STOP DOING THIS SHIT.

For this matchup, we start with:

(7) Jimmy Eat World - Futures

vs.

(27) Weezer - Weezer (The Blue Album)

2. phaynes12

love both. but i listen to one maybe in full once every two years or so and the other pretty much monthly. the weeze, baby.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it feels, almost perfect for this website, but also like absolute complete insanity that weezer has come this far lol

4. phaynes12

you could say that about both albums lol, the blue album is probably less "insane" than futures if we're just talking the "legacy" of both albums

5. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

Weezer all the way. I feel like on any other site Weezer would have this one easy, the Jimmy Eat World love doesn’t extend as far as Blue's.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Just gotta say... if you haven't listened to any of these final four albums, reevaluate your life.

With that said, Futures.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Got a lot of fondness for Blue, but it's Futures all the way for me. I think there's been some Jimmy Eat World backlash in these threads because of how they dominated the bracket, but I think that speaks to the pretty unrivaled love there is for them in this community. On that note, Futures feels like it would be a pretty fitting winner for this whole tournament.

8. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Blue easily.

Aaron Mook and AgonizingFir like this.
  9. Futures. I like Blue quite a bit but I wouldn't call myself a fan of Weezer. Jimmy Eat World are favourite band-tier good.

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Only one of these albums has 23.

Don't overthink it.

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Blue

12. me choosing blue over futures

D5DD3397-68B8-43A1-8C57-602D5157E379.jpeg

BenSmith94, hongfong00, Brent and 3 others like this.
  13. Jim

Trusted Supporter

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

...Weezer is the insane one in this scenario? The massive success, one of the more important and revered rock albums of the 90s?

ItsAndrew, btr, Drewski and 10 others like this.
  15. Craig Manning

Weezer are one of the more polarizing bands on this website, so I definitely understand being surprised that they’re still in the running. Blue has gotten more love than I expected in these polls, for sure. If I’d had to bet on the final four, I may have gotten the other three but would never have guessed Weezer.

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Is Blue polarizing? I understand their legacy and even the discussion surrounding Pinkerton's ugliness, but Blue?

17. Craig Manning

Idk, ask @Jason Tate!

18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Jason's an outlier haha, feel like I know several people that hate weezer but love blue

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. Artdmg

Onward, progress, or so it seems Supporter

I'm going down on the Blue ship while playing my violin and staying calm.

20. Futures!

21. phaynes12

i really regret spending two years on this when i probably could have just guessed this site would be the one place that would pick futures or some other overrated JEW album to face BTR in the finals in the first place lol

the yearly threads were fun. the brackets, like brackets for everything, were exhausting lol.

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I had to really think about this one because overall, I like Jimmy Eat World more than Weezer.

But I don’t like Drugs or Me and I think Nothing Wrong is fun but kinda lame, so I went with Blue, which only has No One Else as a knock against it.

Jim and phaynes12 like this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Easily Weezer

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

[​IMG]

Brent, Aaron Mook and AgonizingFir like this.
  25. weezer