Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Slowly Slowly - Daisy Chain (November 4, 2022) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by trevorshmevor, Jun 30, 2022.

1. trevorshmevor Jun 30, 2022
    (Last edited: Jun 30, 2022)
    4FB649CB-BF8F-49CA-A6B5-E0C9ECB1DB0F.jpeg

1. Daisy Chain
    2. Blueprint
    3. Turn It Around
    4. Forget You
    5. Nothing On
    6. Achilles' Heel
    7. Hold My Breath
    8. Medicine
    9. God
    10. Longshot
    11. Moving Trains Feat. Dashboard Confessional
    12. Papier-Mache

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

hell yeah

3. The new single is awesome

4. WeWereGiants

Regular

4 from 4 on singles, this one’s gonna be killer

T E A L likes this.
  5. BenSmith94

Trusted

Haven't loved the singles as much (haven't heard the new one) but after three very good albums in a row, they've earned the right to patience.

WeWereGiants likes this.
  6. I’ve listened to the title track an unhealthy amount of times lol. Sorta bummed it’s the opener but it’s hard to imagine it’ll get old for me anytime soon

WeWereGiants likes this.
  7. WeWereGiants

Regular

I’ve overplayed all of these singles and I’m not proud of it, any more singles from now til November I’m ignoring haha

trevorshmevor likes this.
  8. michael sauvageau

Album is shaping up to be a real AOTY contender!

WeWereGiants and trevorshmevor like this.
  9. BenSmith94

Trusted

I listened to a playlist they put on Spotify of their influences for this album, and as the lead singles have indicated, this is going to be all over the place stylistically. I'm not vibing with their pop stuff as much atm, so intrigued to see how much of the album it makes up.

WeWereGiants likes this.
  10. WeWereGiants

Regular

All five singles so far I adore, Longshot sounds like a St Leonard’s era song recorded by current day Slowly and I’m here for it… I refuse to overplay it though, a few times will do me til November

BenSmith94 and trevorshmevor like this.
  11. Reminder that this is finally out on Friday

Leftandleaving and T E A L like this.
  12. BenSmith94

Trusted

Middling expectations given I haven't loved any of the singles, but I also trust this band enough that I'm sure they'll surprise me!

13. michael sauvageau

I absolutely love this album! Not a single bad song on here.

14. trevorshmevor Nov 3, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 3, 2022)
    Holy shit the Fall Out Boy energy on Turn It Around. How is band not so much more popular here or in general

15. trevorshmevor Nov 3, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 4, 2022)
    Man this was a blast. Tracks 1-7 are just hit after hit. Cannot believe some of these choruses, the counting bit in Achilles Heel is simple, absurd fun. Also amazed that I’m still not sick of the title track

Really did not care for Medicine in the slightest, real slog of an acoustic track that they probably should’ve taken a bigger swing on. God is really impressive instrumentally but the vocals throughout that first part really highlighted how much Ben recycles melodies and cadences, and the conversational style of the lyrics kinda had me wincing. Last three tracks brought it back though, really nice use of that Carrabba guest spot. Overall this feels like a massive level up for a band that has always been very promising and I can’t wait to ugly dance to this constantly for the foreseeable future

Leftandleaving and T E A L like this.
  16. BenSmith94

Trusted

On first listen I thought God was one of the best songs they'd written.

I get people don't like Ben's stream of consciousness lyrics, but they really work for me.

17. WeWereGiants

Regular

I usually love the stream of consciousness lyrics but God doesn’t do a lot for me in its first half… other than that this album rules - wall to wall bangers and hits

18. T E A L

Regular

Don't get me wrong, I really, really enjoy this album but why do they refuse to repeat the chorus to a few of these songs!? "Turn It Around" and "Papier Mache" are the two most glaring examples. Some of these songs are so fat-free I think it's a detriment to their songwriting, personally.

19. WeWereGiants

Regular

Do you mean back to back? Turn It Around has the chorus at least 4 times from memory

20. T E A L

Regular

Yes, back to back.

21. Yeah I’d love Turn It Around and Achilles to double up on one of their choruses for sure. Nothing On could probably use it as well, it’s weird the last one is a soft chorus that isn’t repeated when the rhythm section section comes back in

T E A L likes this.
  22. Really happy my girlfriend is out of town so she doesn’t get extremely annoyed with me walking around the house constantly going “back to basics, back on my bullshit”

WeWereGiants, Mary V and T E A L like this.
  23. BenSmith94

Trusted

FUCK THE WORLD, WE JUST MADE A COFFEE

WeWereGiants likes this.
  24. WeWereGiants likes this.
  25. WeWereGiants

Regular

I think Achilles Heel and Longshot are my faves here (but trust me it’s hard to choose) and I feel like all of these songs are gonna fuck live. Cmon guys announce the full album tour