Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Bear (FX on Hulu) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by I Am Mick, Jun 21, 2022.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

FX’s new original series The Bear follows Carmen “Carmy” Berzatto (Jeremy Allen White), a young chef from the fine dining world, who comes home to Chicago to run his family sandwich shop – The Original Beef of Chicagoland – after a heartbreaking death in his family. A world away from what he’s used to, Carmy must balance the soul-crushing realities of small business ownership, his strong-willed and recalcitrant kitchen staff and his strained familial relationships, all while grappling with the impact of his brother’s suicide. The Bear is about food, family, the insanity of the grind, the beauty of Sense of Urgency and the steep slippery downsides. As Carmy fights to transform both The Original Beef of Chicagoland and himself, he works alongside a rough-around-the-edges kitchen crew that ultimately reveal themselves as his chosen family.

also starring Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Ayo Edebiri, Abby Elliott, Lionel Boyce and Liza Colón-Zayas, with Edwin Lee Gibson and Matty Matheson in recurring roles.

All 8 episodes drop on Hulu this Thursday, 6/23

2. devenstonow

Noobie

Hypeeeeeeeee

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Getting good reviews, pretty excited

4. devenstonow

Noobie

Maybe it's just because Lip, but the trailer has some early Shameless vibes which is entirely my shit

5. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

looks good. Im in.

6. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

working class Chicago setting, family dramedy, total Shameless vibes.

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Really liked the first episode. Just throws you into it. Has an almost Safdie Bros-esque energy to it

and the food looks so fucking good

AgonizingFir and riotspray like this.
  8. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Oh wow had no clue would be the entire season all at once. Wonder why did that for this series and not week to week others.

9. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Watching now. Show kicks off with New Noise by Refused. I'm gonna love this show.

10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

two episodes down. great so far

11. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I never worked in a kitchen but my dad has been a line cook for almost 40 years and i'm from a foodie town known for it's restaurants and breweries so tons of people i grew up with work in the hospitality industry. This hits with everything I've heard about what it's like to work in a kitchen. Loud arguments, vulgar language, crude jokes, high stress.

12. devenstonow

Noobie

Hahahahahaha starting this and it won me over right from it's first needle drop

13. Episode 7 was insane.

MrAirplane likes this.
  14. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

L-Boy is great in this. Odd Future/Loiter Squad boys doing big things this year.

15. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Jon Bernthal as Carm's brother! What a fantastic surprise. and of course just absolutely lights up the screen.

16. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

That Sufjan intro in episode 7. Just so good.

MrAirplane likes this.
  17. Night Channels

Trusted

This is one of the best new series in a while

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

yeah this rocks

MrAirplane likes this.
  19. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

This might be right up there with Severance and We Own This City as my favorite new TV this year so far. Hopefully this gets a 2nd season. The marketing on his was very weak and Hulu not putting a show out week to week doesn't seem like a good sign they had confidence in it.

Jeremy Allan White needs an Emmy nom just for episode 7 alone.

riotspray likes this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

im so excited for this

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Sydney and Carm deserve a medal for not punching Richie in the face every 5 seconds, also so glad Ayo is getting this shot

22. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I need "professional chef reacts to The Bear" Youtube videos now.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Matheson works on it so i doubt they’d say anything negative

coleslawed likes this.
  24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I like that Matty is the only character not playing a chef

I finished episode 6 last night, won’t be able to watch the last two eps till Thursday or Friday. Sadness. But thoroughly enjoying it. Excellent cast

coleslawed likes this.
  25. bobbyblakem

Finished the series last night, loved all of it. The writing and acting were top tier.

MrAirplane likes this.