Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Prey (Dan Trachtenberg; August 5, 2022) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Prey is an upcoming American science fiction action film directed by Dan Trachtenberg. It is the fifth installment in the Predator franchise and a prequelto the first four films.

The film stars Amber Midthunder (as Naru, a Comanche warrior who protects her tribe against a Predator), Dakota Beavers, Dane DiLiegro (as the Predator), Stormee Kipp, Michelle Thrush, and Julian Black Antelope.

Prey is scheduled to be released by 20th Century Studios as a Hulu original film on August 5, 2022.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Let us hunt.

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

cannot wait

4. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yes

5. Let's fucking gooooooo

6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Stoked

7. Halitosis Jones Jun 10, 2022
    (Last edited: Jun 10, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

This is pretty damn cool for them to do. Glad they didn't end up going the Hunt for Red October route. I'm definitely going to watch both versions.

Orla, Aaron Mook and popdisaster00 like this.
  8. Halitosis Jones Jun 10, 2022
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I'm watching Predator 2 in anticipation.

Definitely hasn't aged well but the fight in the slaughterhouse in the climax is awesome. I would recommend watching it before Prey comes out just for the ending just saying.. at the end an older Predator hands Danny Glover's character an antique 18th century flintlock pistol dated "1715" as a sign of respect. Prey takes place in 1719. Will be shocked if this doesn't tie in
    Also Bill Paxton rules

David87, Zilla, Orla and 2 others like this.
  9. airik625

The poster I use for Predator on Plex:

[​IMG]

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

“Love is blind
    But he’s got thermal vision

And things are about to get hot”

Zilla, chewbacca110, Hugo G. and 2 others like this.
  11. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I just watched Predators (2010) for the first time.

Not bad. Different, but still a fun movie. You can tell clearly they were trying to do a James Cameron's Aliens type thing. I feel like this one gets kind of forgotten.

Orla and Aaron Mook like this.
  12. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Now I'm watching The Predator (2018) for the first time. Yeah 5 minutes and I can tell i'm not going to like this. They made the mistake of actually showing us the Predator in the first 2 minutes, killed all suspense.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  13. Y'all do not want to know my Predator rankings lol

David87, coleslawed, Orla and 2 others like this.
  14. Halitosis Jones Jun 10, 2022
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

For me right now for the standalone canon films its:
    Predator
    Predators
    Predator 2
    The Predator

The Predator was just horrible. Absolute dogshit. I understand subverting expectations (which Predators did well) but this didn't even feel like a Predator movie most of the time, It just felt like a typical Shane Black movie but with a big budget and aliens. Also the whole thing of the Predators abducting the Autistic kid to create ultra smart Autistic Predator-Human hybrids was one of the dumbest and most abhorrent plotlines of a movie i've seen in a minute. Also i just read about that whole "Shane Black getting his registered sex offender buddy a speaking role without telling the studio/cast/crew" thing and yikes.

Going to do the AvP movies next.

Zilla likes this.
  15. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I am dying to see your ranking

Orla, Aaron Mook and Halitosis Jones like this.
  16. It might be my worst film take, legitimately afraid someone will have an aneurysm lol

CarpetElf and coleslawed like this.
  17. Alien vs. Predator
    The Predator
    Predators
    Predator 2
    Predator

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

You're right this is pretty bad lol. Only one I cannot forgive is The Predator being that high.

19. Yeah, idk, I didn't hate it nearly as much as everyone else lol thought it was generally more fun than the other movies and most just a big dumb sci-fi action blockbuster. It worked for me. I know Predator is pretty easy the best of them on a technical level but this is just in order of level of enjoyment. Maybe I'm looking for something else when I watch these movies.

I do genuinely still love AvP though. I think I saw that before any Alien OR Predator movie because it was PG-13, which is kind of a bummer, but otherwise, it got me hooked and I think it does some really cool things.

20. airik625

Have you watched the extended cut of AvP? I saw there was one out, but wasn’t sure how different it was.

21. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

At first I thought this was going to be based on the video game (2006 one). looks cool.

22. michael_gatto

Trusted

Finally another person out there that enjoys The Predator

airik625 and Aaron Mook like this.
  23. I haven't, but I should seek it out
    There are dozens of us!

24. Okay I forgot to include AVP Requiem which doesn't even deserve to make the list lol most Predator movies are like a 3/5 honestly, you know what you're getting, but that may be in my bottom five of all-time. Took a great premise and just brutally mangled it

25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

U r so ass bro

phaynes12 and michael_gatto like this.