Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unwritten Law - The Hum (July 29th, 2022)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by razorburn, Jun 2, 2022.

1. razorburn

Trusted

[​IMG]

1. Luna Pt. 1 Waxing Moon
    2. Discordia
    3. Beggars
    4. Ghosted
    5. Magnetic
    6. Lighthead
    7. Luna Pt. 2 Full Moon
    8. Dark Seas
    9. Murder Days
    10. Little Lies (feat. Cailin Russo)
    11. Take Me
    12. Luna Pt. 3 Waning Moon
    13. The Hum
    14. Chrome and Glass
    15. Luna Pt. 4 New Moon

Bonus tracks:

16. Celebration Song (2022)
    17. Seein' Red (2022)
    18. Save Me (2022)

Fox83, bradsonemanband and TheJMan like this.
  2. Fox83

Trusted

Looking forward to this.

Also, do we really need ANOTHER version of those three songs? lol

3. TheJMan

Trusted

Haha good point I had forgotten they re-recorded them for the greatest hits album in 2007, have live versions of them from their live album in 2008 and have acoustic versions of them from the acoustic album in 2016 until you mentioned it. How different can they be?

Fox83 likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Cool cool cool

5. Fox83

Trusted

There's also the version of Seein' Red from Music In High Places (2002) if we want to dig further. :eh:

TheJMan likes this.
  6. They are a band that seems to like to rerecord/reimagine their older stuff, which sometimes bums me out when it's been so long since they released new original music. But not gonna complain about some rerecordings as bonus tracks on an album with 15 new songs!

.K. likes this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They’re bsides. Just don’t buy that copy of the release.

8. Jivin2709

@CorkRockingham Supporter

Could not possibly be more excited for this album. ELEVEN YEARS since Swan, which is a criminally underrated album. They did a free livestream (which you can still watch today on 6/28 - Unwritten Law | NoCap Shows) and it was a massive setlist, like 28 songs. Really really good show. They've always been one of my all time faves and I feel like they are a band that has completely fallen through the cracks of history, despite having had a #1 song on Billboard. @Jason Tate I'm not sure I've heard you talk much about UL, aside from when they released their Acoustic album (which, if memory serves, you were not a fan of). What do you think of them? Also, have you heard The Hum yet?

9. razorburn

Trusted

Fox83 and .K. like this.
  10. Fox83 Jun 28, 2022
    (Last edited: Jun 28, 2022)
    Fox83

Trusted

I would have to think a single drops this Friday, or possibly tomorrow, if the album is a month away. I'm surprised we're just now getting confirmation of this but very interested to hear something new from these guys nonetheless.

Edit: Looks like the single drops tomorrow (June 29) according to a recent FB post https://fb.watch/dXkSGF9SiT/?fs=e&s=cl

11. Haven't heard it yet, I liked them a bunch early college, but haven't gone back to them in a while.

Jivin2709 likes this.
  12. irthesteve

I honestly can't believe Swan was 11 years ago, jeeze

JamesMichael likes this.
  13. Fox83

Trusted

New single: Ghosted

This should be available whenever it's June 29 in your country...

Jivin2709 and .K. like this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

New single is pretty good. Absolutely love Elva and Mourning but never got into Swan. I’m surprised it’s taken them this long for a follow up.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Also lol @ re-recording those 3 tracks… come on guys.

Unless it’s a complete reimagining - we don’t need it.

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Well if they are 3 bonus tracks, and you don't want them don't pay more for them. Simple enough. Also, a band could want to record them with a different line-up, production sound, with major or minor alterations, or be pulling a Taylor Swift where they want the rights to re-recorded versions so they have the masters or whatever.

17. Fox83

Trusted

Music video

Jivin2709 likes this.
  18. irthesteve

New song's aiiight, kinda exactly what I would expect ha

Fox83 likes this.
  19. cherrywaves

Trusted

Haven’t heard this band name in a long time, so I went down a rabbit hole, and come to find out that Scott Russo’s daughter has a co-writing credit on Donda. Music is crazy.

Jivin2709 likes this.
  20. Fox83

Trusted

Yea, this sounds like a song they wrote immediately after Swan and thought it would be a great single for an album... that ultimately didn't come to fruition until 11 years later. lol And that's fine. I actually kind of like the production of this song but the mix, much like everything on Swan, could be better.

21. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

If you think that’s bad, just be grateful you’re not an Ataris fan. Kris Roe is still trying to capitalize on So Long Astoria.

T E A L and Fox83 like this.
  22. this new song is fine i guess. nothing will ever top the self titled album for me.

.K. likes this.
  23. TheJMan

Trusted

As much as I love the self titled album I think I love Elva more.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  24. irthesteve

Elva >>>>>>>

but self titled is #2 for sure

25. I've listened to Elva maaaaaybe 5 times, so I don't think either of you are wrong.