Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Wilds (Amazon)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ghostedaway, May 18, 2022.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Making a thread for this show because I just finished up S2 and it's hard to find people talking about this show with the search function lol

But yeah, for anyone that's all caught up, They were definitely hinting at Shelby being on the inside at the end there, right?

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

First season is so, so good. Second season does exactly what they swore they weren’t going to do so that’s cool I guess.

Yes, but I think it’s unclear if she’s playing Gretchen with that. I don’t see her throwing the other 6 under the bus after they’re the first group of people to love her for who she is. At best I could see her striking a deal for protection for Toni and Martha but I still don’t see her hanging Dot, Leah, Fatin, and Rachel out to dry
    There were some plot points that felt downright insulting to me this season so I may be done. But there were one or two teases that still have my interest so by the time a potential season 3 rolls around I’ll probably still check it out but definitely not with the same enthusiasm. Such a shame. Sarah Pidgeon is giving an amazingly unhinged performance and Sophia Ali is giving amazing comedic line reads and I can’t imagine as a showrunner choosing to shift focus away from that group

ghostedaway likes this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

That was what I was assuming that cut meant. But also Josh after the scene earlier with the sour patch kids in the bowl.

ghostedaway likes this.
  4. ghostedaway May 18, 2022
    (Last edited: May 18, 2022)
    ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah I get the feeling Shelby is doing it to help her friends in some form, but she's also doing it for herself too because she'll do anything to prevent returning to her old life

I wish they only kept the focus on the girls too. I did kinda warm up to some of the guys though. Just wish Seth would stop existing on the show.

5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Good call on that. That totally went over my head haha

6. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Enjoyed both seasons, binged them a few weekends ago. S1/girls group for life though. And yeah Seth can jump off a bridge.

ghostedaway likes this.
  7. Meerkat

I still can’t believe Josh was a massive piece of shit to Bo and instead of writing a great scene similar to the Dot/Toni scene where Bo tells Josh about his abuse and that he gets it but doesn’t deserve to be treated that way, they just hug over a game of frisbee. Might be even lazier and more frustrating than the Raise Your Glass funeral

8. CallMeSpring

Totally agree. The boys group is just... unsetting. Their dynamics, their background stories,... And we're run trhough all of that a lot faster than w the girls.

Also, does anyone else feel immensely grateful for Fatin and Shelby finding out about Leah being right the whole time? Like, this girl needed a break.

9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm with you there!

10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

welp.

11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Wtfffff

12. Meerkat

Woah!

13. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Sucks. I was looking forward to both groups interacting. And I don't think they promoted season 2 well enough.