Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance - Jackpot Juicer (July 29, 2022) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Blink182Bouncer Mar 21, 2022
    (Last edited: Apr 21, 2022)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

upload_2022-4-21_7-57-0.png

3/24 - New single "Synergy" feat. Rob Damiani released
    4/21 - Album artwork & title announced

2. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Following!

3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Here for it

4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Let's go!!

5. sukottokairu

Regular

i'm so ready!!!!

6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Andrew’s addition is obviously not the shakeup a lead singer change is, but very cool to know there are still significant tricks up their sleeve.

beachdude likes this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

subb

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah

9. Yeah!

10. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

beachdude likes this.
  11. beachdude

Fuck yeah, can't wait

12. The Emologist

Crusted

Oh hell yea.

13. perfect artwork

beachdude likes this.
  14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Hoping this continues their streak while being a bit of a shakeup

beachdude likes this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Afterburner I thought had some cool experimental moments but yes I would like a significant departure in some songs.

16. beachdude

Yeah I’m down for that too, I think shaking things up would be nice at this point. Afterburner definitely had some of that but I’d be very open to them taking it further.

17. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

I love DGD but I have a good feeling about this one.

beachdude likes this.
  18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

afterburner had some all time classics on it. lyrics lie, say hi, and nothing shameful for me. anything that further expands the sound of any of those songs, all of which are quite different would be fine with me

19. beachdude

Nothing Shameful is one of my favorite DGD songs of all time. I was in a very emotionally abusive relationship that lasted around two years, and Andrew’s verse really spoke to me after I had cut off contact with my ex and was still coming to terms with a lot of my feelings about the relationship.

thenewmatthewperry and sophos34 like this.
  20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yep those lyrics speak to me from a few different perspectives, it hit home with my drug addiction in particular. andrew is a great writer that eidola album last year was in my top 10.

beachdude likes this.
  21. beachdude

I’ve been very lucky to interview Andrew a few different times (mostly related to Eidola at the time) and he’s such a genuine and thoughtful guy, was very happy to say he’s been probably my favorite musician to interview. He also guest listed me to a DGD show one time when I told him I was going when he absolutely didn’t have to lol… really stand up guy and I couldn’t be happier for him.

22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

im so, so upset the line to get in the venue last fall took a full hour to get through so missed eidola's entire set besides one song. who knows when theyll tour again with dgd ramping up.

beachdude likes this.
  23. beachdude

Last I spoke to Andrew he was very determined to still balance DGD and Eidola and keep both active, so hopefully not too much longer! That was a big reason before why he wasn’t sure if he wanted to join DGD full-time, Eidola is his baby and he wanted to keep that active, even though he’s a massive DGD fan and that was the more financially stable path for him.

Seems like he’s finding a way to make it work. I wouldn’t be surprised if Eidola tours/music are a bit less frequent for a bit, but I fully expect them to come back.

sophos34 likes this.
  24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yeah but with short tours you never know when and where they'll hit and i dont have the means to see anything outside of the city of philly, so unless they come directly here im fucked. which, they could, its a big city, but you never know smaller legged tours dont always prioritize it over markets like new york and DC

beachdude likes this.
  25. beachdude

Yeah that definitely makes sense… hoping they do come your way on their next tour! I still think they’re really underrated even with the increased exposure they got with the new album… would be cool if they could be support for another big nationwide tour that increases their fanbase.

sawhney[rusted]2 and sophos34 like this.