Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kraven the Hunter (J.C. Chandor; October 6, 2023) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Kraven the Hunter is an upcoming Sony Marvel film based on the Spider-Man villain of the same name. J.C. Chandor (A Most Violent Year) is directing from a script written by Art Marcum & Matt Holloway (Punisher: War Zone; Iron Man).

Aaron Taylor-Johnson is set to star as Sergei Kravinoff, a.k.a. Kraven. Joining him are Russell Crowe (reportedly as his father), Ariana DeBose (reportedly as his lover, Calypso), Fred Hechinger (reportedly as his half brother, the Chameleon), and Alessandro Nivola (reportedly as the antagonist of the film).

With the casting news in recent weeks, and production about to start, figure we might as well have a thread for this bizarre, fascinating, potentially really fun Spidey spinoff I still can't believe is getting made.

2. Tim

(Biggest reason I wanted to make this thread tonight tbh is that I wanted a place to share this tweet…)

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

He actually does look quite a bit like Kraven. I wasn't sure about his casting, but now I'm tentatively looking forward to this.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

How many damn superheroes is this guy gonna play

5. Tim

Excuse me, Kraven is a super villain, thank you very much.

6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wish chandor wasn't swept into this

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hope this kicks ass whereas that other ATJ superhero film was rather craven

wah wah wah wahhhhh

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  8. phaynes12

kickass is better than most marvel property movies

SpeckledSouls likes this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

spoken like someone who hasn’t rewatched kick-ass in the 2020s decade. lucky you

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  10. phaynes12

nah, it's someone who has unfortunately seen every marvel property movie (I think?) lol

SpeckledSouls likes this.
  11. Tim

I really love (what I personally see as) the top tier of Marvel movies, and I’ve never been interested in Kickass (not a Mark Millar fan). But, that’s not an unfair assessment.

This being a film in the world of Spider-Man but not the world of Marvel Studios is why I’m so into it. Hope Chandor has a good experience and makes something cool and fun.

12. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I'm curious as hell who the villain could be. Anyone got any ideas? My vote's on Stegron the Dinosaur Man.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

14. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit, the Foreigner. That's a deep fucking cut. (I've been saying deep cut a lot lately)

On the one hand, I'm still not sure how this is going to translate into a movie, but on the other hand, if it allows us to get obscure characters like that on the screen, I'm okay with this.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

that dude was FUCKING AMAZING in Possessor.

16. Tim

17. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Chandor saw all of his peers buying second homes and said "why not me?"

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Reminds me of early set photos from Iron Man in 2007

19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

yeah he’s a great actor. I hope this springboards him into more roles.

20. Night Channels

Trusted

Christopher Abbott rules

I Am Mick likes this.
  21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

24. Tim

I cannot believe we are getting a film centered on Kraven the Hunter (where he apparently does wear the vest with the fur), with a promising director and lead, that also will have Chameleon and apparently Rhino, AND it’s rated R.

What a wild, ridiculous movie to exist, which I’m going to love so much, lol.

Apparently the proper first trailer drops in the “summer”; hopefully sooner than later.

25. From the tweets I've seen describing the footage that was shown at Cinemacon, it definitely sounds rated R lol