Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dadbolt/Derek

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Mar 3, 2022.

1. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

[TW: death]

Hey everyone,

I don't know what to really say, or even if it's the right way to go about it, but I know a lot of you on Chorus knew Dadbolt/Derek and interacted with him in the A1 threads, music and entertainment forum, and occasionally the politics forum. Unfortunately, Derek passed away last night.

Derek and I met on here and became really good friends over the last few years and I know others here have as well. Please reach out if you need to talk.

2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

What?!?! Oh my God. I don't even know what to say. One of the few people from AP/Chorus that I've actually kicked it with irl. This is devastating.

3. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

We only ever interacted a bit in the forums, but that's terrible to hear. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Speechless.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I needed a place to stay one time and he offered up his place. Hadnt met him before that. Great guy. This is terrible. ❤️

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I only hope he enjoyed the bottle of A1 that I gifted him when he visited.

This fucking sucks.

7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Holy shit. Laura and I are absolutely devastated. He was one of the first people I met from here, and Laura's first friend in Texas. Always a blast to spend time with and such a caring person. I really wish I knew what to say, I miss him so damn much.

Thank you for letting us know @dylan . We love you and if there's anything we can do for you or for the rest of his friends or his family let us know. And if anyone here needs anything please don't hesitate to reach out. We can be messes together

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I love Derek, was always good for a laugh and always good for a heart to heart. I can't believe this. I will miss him big time.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm gonna respect the fact that he was self depreciating and low key and would absolutely hate a flowery tribute

10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

This sucks so much. I hadn't spoken with him for like a year but I kept thinking I should reach out to him and I never did. Fuck

11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

This is just awful. He became a true friend. I just snapchatted him earlier today. I'm stunned.

12. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

8CBB8406-A651-45CC-B752-AC484C6DF2D2.jpeg A27FE94C-116C-43D1-A82A-3EAA5457F219.jpeg

Damn. RIP to a real one.

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i don't even know what to say. this is terrible. he just made fun of me on IG like 2 weeks ago. i always appreciated his humor. i'm so sorry for those who knew him far better than i did.

14. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I am absolutely devastated. I wish I would've made more of an effort to talk to him.

15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Been crying a lot the last day and a half.

Derek was one of the first ones on here to make me feel welcomed and introduced me to so many of you. I don’t think I would’ve stayed on this forum in the beginning without him being around.

So many good memories of playing D&D, destiny, just bullshitting with him. He pep talked me the night I met my wife for the first time. I’m just so incredibly heartbroken.

I’m so sad Covid canceled my Texas trip because I was trying to hang out with him while I was around.

16. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Derek and I used to voice chat while cooking separately-together and talked about a lot of heavy shit. This is sort of unbelievable. It’s finally hitting now

17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

He was such a great person to talk to. I'm someone who never reaches out to anyone but the number of times he called me and talked me through a problem I was having is maybe more than anyone else I know

18. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Heartbroken. Derek was an important part of a very rough patch in my life a handful of years ago, even when things were bad I knew I always had our little nightly gaming and bullshitting sessions to look forward to and have him make me laugh and just take my mind off things for a while. I'm not a super talkative guy but he always made me feel at ease. Rest in peace buddy, you're going to be deeply missed.

19. zhargfoul Mar 4, 2022
    (Last edited: Mar 4, 2022)
    zhargfoul

mad

wasn’t lucky enough to meet him in person but I’ll always be grateful for our long distance friendship
    RIP Derek

this is mad btw I lost my password to my old account

20. Speechless and so fucking sad. Derek was there for me whenever I needed to chat, such a supportive, wonderful person. If there’s anything I can do for his family and friends, please let me know. Heartbroken

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

nobody will ever make fun of my love for star wars the way derek did.

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh fuck. Only interacted with him a few times/read his posts on here, but he seemed cool as shit. Thats so depressing. Hope all of you that had connected with him
    More are okay.

24. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I miss you so much, D. completely beside myself. my thoughts are with his family right now. I still can't believe it. I'm just devastated

25. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I don't even know what to say. I was just thinking about him randomly the other day. I'm shocked and sad. Hope Soph and the rest of his family is doing okay.