Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against - Nowhere Generation (June 4, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Mar 18, 2021.

1. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

[​IMG]

via Loma Vista

Preorder

Tracklisting:
    1. The Numbers
    2. Sudden Urge
    3. Nowhere Generation
    4. Talking To Ourselves
    5. Broken Dreams, Inc.
    6. Forfeit
    7. Monarch
    8. Sounds Like
    9. Sooner Or later
    10. Middle Of A Dream
    11. Rules Of Play

beachdude and tomtom94 like this.
  2. amorningofsleep

3. Cmoney86

Trusted

umm you have a typo its not 2010 anymore its 2021

amorningofsleep likes this.
  4. amorningofsleep

Lol thank you. I haven't finished my coffee yet.

5. Cmoney86

Trusted

target has an exclusive bonus song to physical copies

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’m happy Broken Dreams is on here. I like that song and it’s not overplayed by me.

choke likes this.
  7. choke

Skatecat

Yeah, great song.

The new song on the other hand is disappointing imo.

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I like it. It’s just a lead off radio RA single and lead off RA singles are almost always towards the bottom for me when it comes to their albums. Except for Give It All and Heaven Knows. Those are great.

beachdude, danielm123 and choke like this.
  9. Cmoney86

Trusted

Someone on my friends list on facebook had to say this about the new song:

“What was once a political punk band screaming to burn it all down is now nothing more then a cheesy pop band preaching unity to democrats. Im disappointed in Tim and honestly ashamed to have it inked into my skin.”

I don’t think they get rise has been a band for 20 years and Tim was 20 when he joined. People grow up and views change and they all have kids and family’s so their style might change up a little. I also think they don’t get what the message of the song and album are about

beachdude, JamesMichael and JBoch like this.
  10. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Do they seriously think Tim's going to be screaming his lungs out on songs when he's 41 years old? Plus, the band probably doesn't want to make the same record now that they did in their 20s. It's okay for bands to evolve as they get older.

beachdude, JamesMichael and Cmoney86 like this.
  11. Cmoney86 Mar 18, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 18, 2021)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

Idk what they are thinking but they have hated both This and broken dreams inc. and when the teasing started said it would be a big anti trump album.

edit this is what they said the day the teasing started

“For the first time ever I'm not excited about new Rise music the entire album most likely will be anti Trump”

but I’m not even gonna talk about that topic.

I personally like both songs and can’t wait to hear the rest of the album

12. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I'm sure Trump will be vaguely eluded to but there's little to no chance it's an entire album of anti-Trump anthems. Wolves came out during the first year of his presidency and it wasn't even anti-Trump.

Edit: And I'm sure despite his fears of an anti-Trump album, he's probably a fan of songs like State of the Union and the other anti-Bush anthems...

beachdude and BenSmith94 like this.
  13. Cmoney86

Trusted

But they wrote wolves thinking Hillary was going to win. So idk if they did any rewrites or not after she lost but yeah I don’t think it will be more then a reference here and there. I think this is more about gen z and what not

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

1:30 - 1:37 is definitely my favorite part of the song haha.

15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

The single didn't do much for me. I accept the band has grown and changed their sound but nothing has appealed to me since Appeal to Reason. Will at least check out the full album.

16. Cmoney86 Mar 18, 2021
    Cmoney86

Trusted

It’s actually a she and she complains about everything I had to unfollow her cuz it’s so bad. Idk why I don’t just remove her from my friends list. She’s always negative about everything

JBoch likes this.
  17. abear182

Regular

OptionParalysis likes this.
  18. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

It's a Rise Against song in 2021. That's all I can really say.

19. Cmoney86 Mar 18, 2021
    Cmoney86

Trusted

They are planning a tour and planning local things in Chicago but don’t know when any of it will be announced. Tho they did have their first positive conversation with their booking agent in months. Tim did say when the lights go back on they will be back on stage for the fans ASAP.

20. tomtom94

Trusted

I get people who prefer the older stuff and are disappointed they aren't as "hardcore" (in a genre sense) as they used to be. That said, I also think if you listen to The Unraveling there are some songs which are a clear sign of where their music would go. There's a direct line from My Life Inside Your Heart to something like Nowhere Generation.

I also don't really understand the fans who feel Tim has "gone soft". They used their post-Appeal to Reason commercial peak to put out Endgame, which is if anything their angriest album, or at least their most specific in its targets, and just put out Wolves. Which is many things but tame is not one of them lol.

beachdude and JBoch like this.
  21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

damn sounds like cdawg needs new Facebook friends

ItsAndrew, Crisp X, beachdude and 3 others like this.
  22. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Always going to prefer Sufferer and Siren Song, but I actually did enjoy the new song for what it is. Will check out the album when it releases.

beachdude, Gallhammer and irthesteve like this.
  23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Rise Against always leaves me feeling uncertain. Like nothing bad or offensive that I don’t like, just so much of it feels blended together and not as distinct as other bands.

Hope the album does well because they seem to have a good message behind the music. And I actually do like some of their songs, I just never think of them accept maybe a song like Swing Life Away or Rumours of My Demise...

24. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Rumors of My Demise is the GOAT RA song

.K. likes this.
  25. 333 GANG

ACAB

Song is fine. Not bad, not great.

Will check out the record.