Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tyler Hilton Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Sep 4, 2020.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Figure I’d make this dude a thread here since I’ve seen his name and music discussed throughout Chorus. I absolutely love his last two albums.

Tyler Hilton is an American singer-songwriter and actor. You may recognize him from his role in One Tree Hill and his portrayal of Elvis in Walk The Line.

-For fans of the country/folk/Americana genre.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Really love his last two records, especially Indian Summer. He’s a great songwriter and a charismatic performer.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Been spinning Indian Summer a lot recently. It hits just right.

Craig Manning likes this.
  4. Pavel

He'll always be Chris Keller from One Tree Hill for me.

5. Craig Manning

Perfect for this time of year.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  6. City on Fire was one of my favorite albums of last year, but I haven't checked out the back catalog. Seems like I should give Indian Summer a listen

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Its more stripped down than City On Fire, but still a gem.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

@Craig Manning, You ever check out his 2013 album, Forget the Storm? It's loaded with really good songs. I honestly never listened to it straight through. I've only heard random songs from it.

@Patterns in Traffic, you should also check out that album. Most of the album is played with a full band, so If you like City On Fire, then you might like this older album.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  9. Craig Manning

Yep! I think that's a 2012 album though, right? Anyway, that's where I got back into him. I lost track of him for a few years there after the One Tree Hill days (his first appearances, anyway; I think he came back and became a series regular at the end?). He put out a couple great EPs in the interim, but apparently Storm was in label purgatory for awhile. I don't think it holds together quite as well as an album as Indian Summer does, but there are some really great songs on there. I'm always a little surprised when I listen back that "Leave Him" didn't end up becoming a country hit in some capacity, if not for him then for another artist.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Ahhh. Possible it was 2012. My Apple Music says 2013, but that’s a DLX version. He did come back to the show. He performed a few songs from the album on the show. He performed “Loaded Gun” on the final episode. I also agree about “Leave Him”.

11. Craig Manning

I think he did "Kicking My Heels" on the show at some point too. I stopped watching regularly after season 6 or so, but would check in every once in awhile. And you can bet I watched the last episode, to make sure they ended it with the U2 song.

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Sure did. He played a piano version. I know this bc my wife and I watch the show a lot haha. It’s our favorite tv show haha. We are actually going to Wilmington, NC at the end of this month. We are planning on doing a self guided tour of OTH locations. I surprised her for her birthday a while back. Her favorite author bases all his books in “Tree Hill” too lol. So, I’m sure we will hit up some spots her favorite books talk about.

This is why I started listening to Tyler again haha.

13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I’ve liked him for years but the album he put out last year was on another level for him.

14. Craig Manning

That show really brought it on the music front. The OC is more famous for its soundtracks (for good reason), but I preferred the music on One Tree Hill.

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It's pretty damn good.

16. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

“How Long Til I Lose You” has been in steady rotation for me since it came out

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I just watched this while having my coffee this morning. Whole show is quality along with his story telling of the songs.

Full show:

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Just watched this AM. Talks about his musical journey, signing to a Major Label, and plays a couple new songs.