Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Narrow Head - 12th House Rock (Aug. 28, 2020)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cherrywaves, Aug 28, 2020.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

Out today on Run for Cover. For fans of Smashing Pumpkins, rocker shit, etc. Seen some talk in other threads, so I figured it might as well get its own thread

2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This rules

3. CochleaCocaine

Regular

This shit is pretty tight and I've seen Narrow Head several times over the past few years; I liked the album a lot more than I thought I would but I feel like it runs a little too long (at around 50mins I think?) and the songs don't deviate much from their "formula," which is totally akin to The Smashing Pumpkins (thought of Texas is the Reason too). That's just me tho.

But yeah more people should listen to this band; people on this board would def like them. Don't they share a member(s) with Dress Code and Skourge?

4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah I’m almost all the way though, it rocks

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

half of this band is in Skourge, idk if they share members with Dress Code but I saw them earlier this year (with Skourge) and they were tight

riotspray and CochleaCocaine like this.
  6. CochleaCocaine

Regular

What were the singles released for the album? Spun it twice and "Stuttering Stanley" def stuck out; I loved the background vocals during the chorus on that track especially.

7. cherrywaves

Trusted

I think that and Night Tryst

8. CochleaCocaine

Regular

Oh word. I remember seeing them and Dress Code at Within These Walls fest in Arizona a few years ago; pretty sure the singer is in both bands but I wouldn't swear on it; either way it doesn't matter. I'm digging this and I'm sure it'll grow on me more.

riotspray likes this.
  9. cherrywaves

Trusted

Singer is def in Skourge I know that much.

but yeah Texas has been pumping out that good shit for years

CochleaCocaine and riotspray like this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

saw them here in Dallas with Vein and Higher Power last year and they were great. didn't realize member(s) were in Skourge, that's rad. I can't keep up with this stuff anymore

CochleaCocaine likes this.
  11. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

A more complete version of what bands tried five plus years ago.

12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this band is cool

peripheralvision likes this.
  13. flask

Trusted Supporter

this checks all the boxes for me and yet...I dont really care for it

trevorshmevor and AgonizingFir like this.
  14. atlas

Trusted

So this is awesome huh

mattav152 and peripheralvision like this.
  15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is cool as hell. Big Pumpkins vibes

16. atlas

Trusted

big big Failure energy on Hard to Swallow

17. atlas

Trusted

Delano Door is fuckin dirty

18. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Damn, Hard To Swallow right into Crankcase is mean as hell. These guys really stepped their game up on this one

19. this is cool. I don't necessarily think this is doing anything much better or different than the whole grunge resurgence or whatever that happened in like 2013 or w/e (if colourmeinkindness is included in that movement then uh it definitely isn't) but I'm enjoying it. a little long for what it is but it's very listenable so I'm not too concerned about that

20. atlas

Trusted

Colourmeinkindness was my closest comp to this after first listen. This is probably a bit less accessible but more consistent

21. it's splitting hairs but I'd put it closer to Daylight's Jar

22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

need to peep the full thing but i like what i’ve heard so far

23. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Wow Basement and SuperDayheavenlight comparisons have me interested.

24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i don't like those bands at all but I like what I've heard from this

25. This feels much riffier than Superheaven and most of Basement. I’m kinda in the same boat as @flask, on paper I should love this but for some reason it’s just not really landing for me. Put this out like 5 years ago and I think I’m obsessed though