Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Killers of the Flower Moon (Martin Scorsese, October 6, 2023) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

based on the non-fiction book by david grann. will provide more updates as i see em

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Is it restarting/starting production soon? I know a lot of movies are right now, but I think most of those are shooting in other countries (for obvious reasons).

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

sometime in february, i think

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

excited but still skeptical we actually get it

5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Stoked

6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Why?

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It just kind of seems like this could potentially be one of those projects that Scorsese signs on to and talks up a lot and then never gets around to making (see: The Devil In the White City).

phaynes12 likes this.
  8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

He was basically done with pre-production on this thing, though. They were literally about to start shooting when they got shut down.

9. Anthony_

Oh I didn't know it was that far along.

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Things I don't think you'll ever see from Scorsese: Sinatra biopic, Devil in the White City. This I think comes out late 2021.

11. phaynes12

just due to him discussing several projects that would be shooting/start shooting soon and nothing ever really coming from them. how long have we been hearing bi-annual updates about devil in the white city at this point?

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah check out his Instagram! A lot of good shots of him scouting locations.

13. Anthony_

14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I think the biggest thing is the deal with Apple+

phaynes12 likes this.
  15. Anthony_

Apparently it's going to be in theaters but also streaming exclusively on Apple TV+.

Surprised Netflix didn't get involved after The Irishman was such a success.

16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

"Check out Scorsese's Instagram" is a weird thing to say.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Man, even though it would mean I wouldn't see a movie in theaters for like another year+, I would love if the first movie I went back to theaters for was a new Scorsese.

18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I read the book a while back since Grann is one of my favorite non-fiction/longform journalists. Although it loses a bit of the steam in the final quarter, the majority of it is thoroughly gripping and exhaustively researched.

I'm curious how a movie will handle the amount of characters and info necessary to accurately tell the story, but I obviously have plenty of confidence in Scorsese.

Very excited for this.

19. Anthony_

I could see Eric Roth creating some composite characters if the number of important players in real life was very high. Scorsese's done so in the past, like with Jonah Hill's character in Wolf.

20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Makes sense. Grann infuses a lot of background for each person, which I don't think will be 1000% necessary for some of the characters. I will say, when reading the book I kept wishing Grann had some sort of tree or quick explainer/diagram page to consult because it occasionally gets a little bit difficult to follow as it goes on.

21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Does the fact that Scorsese has said this is going to be basically a western track with the book you read?

22. Anthony_

I'm looking into this name and it's very good to see how heavily involved the Osage nation has been in the preproduction process, and how heavily they're going to be involved in the actual production as well.

TJ Wells likes this.
  23. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Been wanting to read the book for a while. Hope they can complete filming and production by the end of next year.

24. soggytime

Trusted

Watch Apple win Best Picture before Netflix

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. phaynes12

not when fincher and sorkin are releasing films on Netflix in a down year like this one

soggytime likes this.